Thread: Decision maker phone call?

Decision maker phone call?

So, I’m minding my own business and the phone rings. The person says that they are a decision maker with DWP calling about my PIP review, the call meant that I wouldn’t need further assessment. So after a few questions about the personal aides I use they confirmed that I would continue to receive the same PIP rates for the next two or three years, so whilst I’m waiting for a letter confirming this I’m wondering if this is something others have experienced? Should I be relieved that PIP is done with (I know from previous experience that within weeks ESA50 is likely to pop through the letter box) I’m feeling a bit wound up!

Hello Archersmate

I would be very relieved to receive a similar phone call about my PIP review. I returned my form and have heard nothing apart from a text to confirm receipt of the form. It is almost three months now.

How long have you waited, before receiving your phone call?

With your PIP now sorted, bar your letter of confirmation, why not gradually update your ESA information, so that should it arrive this year, your info is ready to go, which is one less stress at that time.

Much happier, I’ve had a letter now confirming that I’ve been granted PIP, so I’m feeling less wound up.

This whole process has been done faster than previous assessments (about 10 weeks in all from the form arriving to confirmation letter) and I wasn’t able to include some of my letters from hospitals (I couldn’t find them) so I didn’t feel very confident, but was very wrong! My next step will be to prepare for an ESA50.

I can only hope that others are having similar experience as claiming benefits has become quite traumatic for a lot of us.

I hope everyone’s as well as can be.

Best wishes to all.