Thread: Pensioner & small inheritance

Pensioner & small inheritance

Hello to all out there in youreable land. I would like to pop a question regarding receiving a small amount of money (20k) whilst being a married pensioner and getting HB. I could only get a little info regarding savings and being an OAP and HB. What info i got was that, being an OAP entitled you to more savings (10K) before being reduced £1 in every £500 over (10K) for HB purposes. What info i could not find was, would it be classed has having (10K) "each" or, (10K) over the allowance!. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RumpHole View Post
    would it be classed has having (10K) "each" or, (10K) over the allowance
    For benefits purposes then as a couple any savings or any income are treated as joint and not seperate.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.