Thread: pip sending esa report evidence

pip sending esa report evidence

I was told on the phone that my ESA report evidence will not be looked at as it is a separate benefit I said but there are numerous points in there that are the same as what pip was asking he replied i can put it in with your MR evidence but it will not be looked at. My understanding was that they have to look at all evidence I ask them to look at. Am I right or wrong?

You can send whatever you want, they don't have to look at it.

If you later appeal they may have to explain to the court why they didn't look at it if it is in fact relevant.

BUT - you always have to remember that although the questions for PIP and ESA are similar they are assessing very different things.
    The questions may look the same but the answers you need to give are not the same.
    This is why there are two different assessments, and why they have never been able to sucessfully combine them into one.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks nukecad this is just one example form my esa reort
    Calculate Change : Unable to calculate £1 minus 75p
    Attention : Unable to spell 'world' backwards
    Recall : Unable to remember three objects named at registration
    pip assossor has said in making budgeting descisions
    "Restrictions claimed in this Activity:
    PA4 dated 8/11 /17 awarded unaided. AR1 reports no changes. FH reports no problems.
    Reasons why the above restrictions are not supported by evidence:
    Although he reports memory problems he has no diagnosed cognitive impairments or learning
    disabitlies, his MSE showed adequate memory and concentration as he was able to recall his
    medication, dosage and what it was for and was able to give a good and detailed HOC/SOH/FH.
    He reports no problems with this and will manage it himself despite having mental health
    conditions. Therefore assistance or prompting are not required.
    Reasons why the descriptor I have advised is best supported by evidence:
    Therefore the evidence suggests that he is able to carry out this activity reliably and repeatedly
    unaided.

sorry if im being a pain sometimes it takes a bit for me to understand things

Off the top of my head:

Calculating money - Applies to ESA (working) and PIP (Daily Living).
    Spelling - May apply to ESA (working) not that relevant for PIP (Daily Living).
    Remembering things - Applies to ESA (working) could be relevant for PIP (Daily Living).

However the PIP assessor is saying that you showed that you could remember things (your medications) and so don't need help with them.

PIP is about how you can manage your Daily Life, and how you can get around.

ESA is about if you can work or not - and only about if you can work or not.

Many people with PIP can and do work.
    Many people with ESA can't work but don't need help with daily life.

That's why the assessment for one cannot really support the assessment for the other.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

thanks the pip assessor asked what medication i was on and i said hang on i have it all wrote down as i really dont know she said that ok take your time i then read it out to her there are a few things like that in her report
    Also reading it again she dosnt mention any thing about budgeting in ther reasons just i recall mediction which i dont think has anything to do with bugets
    BTW im claiming because of autism/aspergershave been assessed by professionals and sent all the evidence from them with mr as i was told on phone that he dosent think the assorer has looked at them acooring to his ststem
    Last edited by yamaha68; 31-01-21 at 13:58.