Thread: Carers Allowance will STOP!!!!

Carers Allowance will STOP!!!!

Just a warning to people who have a carer paid from Carers Allowance, even though your PIP maybe extended Carers Allowance will stop on the original day your PIP ends. If you have a friend ect who gets paid to care for you, you must let CA know your PIP has been extended asap or Carers Allowance will stop until you inform CA off the extension as i found out yesterday when the person caring for me didnt receive her CA.

We have seen the same with the SDP as well.

The different DWP departments are not 'joined-up' so if you have anything else that depends on your having PIP then you should tell then you have been given an extension.

Hopefully they will get this sorted out and PIP will start notifying other departments, - but in the meantime or if you want to be sure then tell them yourself.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hello,

My oh claims carers and I’ve just spoken with a phone jockey at carers allowance DWP and in my case PIP did inform them when my award was extended, it was originally due to expire tomorrow! So we’re both going to watch our bank accounts!

Thanks for the heads up I'll ring CA and tell them