Thread: Warmfront

Warmfront

Hi has anyone had their £140 from British Gas?
    We got ours last year 2020 on Jnauary 20th but not had anything this year.Nothing has changed in our circumstances and i'm beginning to think e won't get it this year.Our gas and electric bills are due at the end of this month and the £140 would be very helpful

Hi BarbieJ, Although we with different supplier (SSE) we received it early this year. However, don't forget, they do advise that payment would be credited by (I am sure) 31st March.

I am also sure that it is done on a 1st come 1st served basis, but to be honest, can't recall anybody, who has been legitimately entitled to WHF not receiving it if application completed and submitted on time!

I will say that there was 1 year that payment had not been credited by end of March of whatever year it was, but a couple of emails and proof that application was sent well in time before close of apply date for that year, and they admitted their fault and made payment into elec a/c.

You could always email/chat with BG to make sure that they have received you application to put your mind at rest, and they may also explain why payments not yet credited.

Am sure you will receive payment in time. Good luck and take care.

After contacting BG the £140 went onto our electric account this morning.A big way of helping towards the gas and electric bills this quarter.

Just checked mine and it was paid in on same date. I have a smart meter for electricity but due to location of meter they can't do the same for gas and obviously no one's been to do a reading in the past year. Maybe now this has been paid in I'll get down on my hands and knees and try to take a reading so they can adjust their estimates as a year spent almost entirely at home will have meant far greater usage than what the estimates are based on.

I had notification awhile ago that daughter would get hers. She's with EDF.
    Sea Queen

I get the Warm Home Discount every year last year I got it around the 10th same the year before this year I got it around the 26th its just 140 taken of the gas bill I pay fortnighly so it keeps the payment down and Im usually well in credit @ the end of summer keeping my payments down for the winter.
    Just out of interest have gas prices gone down my gas is on all day and my payments havent changed?

Just had a look on my Avro account, £140 paid in Feb 4th