Thread: Weird PIP extension letter

Weird PIP extension letter

Just had a letter saying my Autistic sons award had been extended due to Covid slowing renewals.

It's extended to Feb 2030 which sounds great but his existing award was for May 2029 anyway!

I don't see why they bothered adding 7 months to it, what a waste of their time and resources when there are so many people still waiting for awards!

Perhaps thay are expecting Covid lockdowns to last that long?

It will just be an automatic 'Computer Says......' generated letter.
    It's often easier to let a few stupid ones go through than spending the time/money trying to filter then out.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

My husband has had a letter as well.It said that he won't be re assesed for the next 10 years because he is now on state pension or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    My husband has had a letter as well.It said that he won't be re assesed for the next 10 years because he is now on state pension or something like that.
    That's standard now, everyone with PIP who reaches SPA goes onto indefinite PIP (no end date) with 10 year 'Light Touch' reviews.

Nobody knows yet what a 10 year 'Light Touch' review actually means, as PIP only started in 2013 they are at least a couple of years from doing the first ones.

Even though i reach State pension age this April i still had letter yesterday saying, "my PIP has been extended from July 2022 to July 2023 because of covid".

Quote Originally Posted by RumpHole View Post
    Even though i reach State pension age this April i still had letter yesterday saying, "my PIP has been extended from July 2022 to July 2023 because of covid".
    Left hand DWP - Right hand DWP - and never the twain shall meet. (Sorry I've gone all Kipling for a moment, and now I'm thinking about cake - I blame lockdown).

You should get another letter about the SPA change.

I've had a letter which extended mine by a similar time frame, nine months too, but a different year.

I wonder if they are about nine months behind, so they're just extending most of our awards by that much each, no matter what date the renewal is due.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    That's standard now, everyone with PIP who reaches SPA goes onto indefinite PIP (no end date) with 10 year 'Light Touch' reviews.

Nobody knows yet what a 10 year 'Light Touch' review actually means, as PIP only started in 2013 they are at least a couple of years from doing the first ones.
    That certainly is not the case. My PIP has been extended until Sept 2022, I am already already past the SPA.