Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has your PIPaward been extended?

Has your PIPaward been extended?

A parliamentary written answer from Justin Tomlinsion (Minister of State for Works and Pensions) on 11 Jan says that over half of those who have had a PIP extension have not yet had a letter saying so:

https://questions-statements.parliam...0-12-17/131499
    The Department has been automatically applying extension of awards of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and have issued around 756,000 notifications to date. We still have c850,000 notifications to issue and remaining customers will be notified of their new award end date early 2021, the planned completion date for all extension activity.
    Note that an extension to your PIP award end date does not mean that you won't get a renewal form.
    The extension is not to defer renewal to a later date, it's to give more time for it to be carried out, you should still expect a renewal form whenever it was originally due - although it may be a bit late.
    Last edited by nukecad; 20-01-21 at 20:31.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I had a letter a few weeks before Christmas informing me that my award had been extended until Sept 2022. I was expecting a letter Dec/Jan one year in advance of a renewal.

I got my (tribunal awarded) claim extended from 30/8/20 to 28/2/21

They sent the letter inviting me to claim again mid December, which arrived between Christmas and New Year. Rang the same day, got the PIP 2 6/1 returned it 7/1 (already had it completed with the evidence ready), got a text yesterday 12/1 saying they had the form.
    From personal experience with helping others with claims, it seems the current wait for an assessment is around 20 weeks here, then up to around 8 weeks for a decision. A friend had his assessment mid November, we've had a copy of the assessment report since Dec 1st, can tell he should be awarded lower rate care, but no decision yet. So thats 28 weeks from sending the form in to getting a decision (assuming he gets it soon).

I actually rang in October asking could they send me a new one out as I knew there would be delays and thought if I could get the PIP2 in early enough, I should have a decision round about when the claim ends. They refused and said I had to wait until the invitation letter to reapply was sent out.

So, assuming my claim follows what I'm seeing at the moment, I won't have a decision until roughly end of June. So thats a minimum of 4 months where I lose £150 a week PIP, plus SDP/EDP.

I think, if you do everything within the DWP timescales, and they don't process things in time, then the award should be extended until the point that they do.

I have had to claim/renew my claim 4 times now, every single time I've had to do an MR, and once an appeal, so I am fairly sure I will need an MR at least this time too, so I can add another 8-12 weeks onto the times I've mentioned, plus another 56-70 weeks if it has to go to tribunal. Obviously I know I won't get paid if I have to do any of that, but certainly claims should be extended when it isn't the customer's fault it ends, to the point of the initial decision.

From August 2021 to May 2022.

My husbands pip award has been extended to Feb 5th 2023, originally due to start the review process May onwards this year, I think that will still happen but my husband thinks it's been delayed unfortunately the letter doesn't explain it very well.

Had a letter today my post here none exsistance for 2 weeks letter dated 2wks ago, my review was due feb/march, says that pip reviews had been suspended due to covid that they have now begun reviewing pip awards again and we may look at some awards later than we originally planned. To make sure that you still receive your payments we have extended your award till dec 2022. so been extended by about 21months. You do not need to contact us we will contact you again before the new end date of your award to review your award. Then usual about any changes etc.

Yes I got a letter in Nov saying mine extended from Aug 21 until May 22. I was just about to post as today I got a letter from ESA saying my rates are changing. From Aug 21 I'm losing £67.30 week, which appears to be the SDP entitlement I get having PIP. Do I need to inform them its extended and show proof of letter, or ignore it as PIP should surely inform them? I'm not sure what to do, I aint been out the house since Feb and getting prescriptions posted to me.

I got a letter in November saying my PIP had been extended till November 21, then on the 16th December got a review form which had to be back to them by the 7th January, as there was no change just worse that’s all that was wrote (we were told to do this by crop). A friend advised us two years ago when it was last review to print letters of as they happened from consultants etc, made things so much easier, so another £9.90 to post as a lot of paperwork, know this got there as tracked, but have not heard anything as yet, so worrying what with everything else going on. Someone has got a sense of humour at the DWP though look.
    Attachment 2319

Quote Originally Posted by abcd69 View Post
    Yes I got a letter in Nov saying mine extended from Aug 21 until May 22. I was just about to post as today I got a letter from ESA saying my rates are changing. From Aug 21 I'm losing £67.30 week, which appears to be the SDP entitlement I get having PIP. Do I need to inform them its extended and show proof of letter, or ignore it as PIP should surely inform them? I'm not sure what to do, I aint been out the house since Feb and getting prescriptions posted to me.
    £67.30 is next years SDP rate, as from April 2021.

Inform ESA that your PIP has been extended.

Never assume that one part of the DWP talks to another, do it yourself to be sure.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    £67.30 is next years SDP rate, as from April 2021.

Inform ESA that your PIP has been extended.

Never assume that one part of the DWP talks to another, do it yourself to be sure.
    Is it best to ring, or send a letter in? It says something about mandatory reconsideration?