Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has your PIPaward been extended?

I'd just ring them and tell them. (Whilst you've plenty of time to send a letter, you wouldn't be sure if they got it or not).

You should then get another 'Anual Uprating' letter, this one not saying that SDP ends in August.
    If you haven't got a new letter within a month or so, ring again and ask if they have corrected it.

PS. It is that time of year when they start sending out the anual uprating letters so your already getting one, even if it's not quite correct, is not unusual.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    A parliamentary written answer from Justin Tomlinsion (Minister of State for Works and Pensions) on 11 Jan says that over half of those who have had a PIP extension have not yet had a letter saying so:

https://questions-statements.parliam...0-12-17/131499

Note that an extension to your PIP award end date does not mean that you won't get a renewal form.
    The extension is not to defer renewal to a later date, it's to give more time for it to be carried out, you should still get a renewal form whenever it was originally due.
    Hello. A letter yesterday to say my PIP award has been extended. My award started July 18 to 2022 but now extended to 2023. Thanks.

I've reworded that a little bit:
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    The extension is not to defer renewal to a later date, it's to give more time for it to be carried out, you should still expect a renewal form whenever it was originally due - although it may be a bit late.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Tribunal given award????

Quote Originally Posted by gbhxu View Post
    From August 2021 to May 2022.
    Hi was wondering if your last award was a fixed length won at Tribunal

Quote Originally Posted by Cripchick View Post
    Hi was wondering if your last award was a fixed length won at Tribunal
    Nope.

I was awarded PIP for 5 years without going to a tribunal.

I then used my PIP assessment as evidence to win my ESA tribunal.

Also for the record, unlike some people, the PIP extension letter hasn't been followed by a renewal form

As I posted on scope my award got extended by a year, letter received about 2-3 weeks ago.