Thread: Disabled Girl Trying To Change The World

Disabled Girl Trying To Change The World

Hey all

I hope you're all doing well, keeping safe, had a good xmas, I could go on but I won't...

My name is Emily Nicole Roberts, I'm a disability advocate from Swansea and a part time Youtuber (AKA I make Youtube Videos as a hobby when I'm not working)

I just wanted to contact you to see if my videos could maybe help anyone you help too?

I'm a shortlisted nominee for the National Diversity Awards with ITV currently, along with being featured on Radio 1 in November.

With my Youtube videos, I endeavour to change lives by filming mine, I have worked with the BBC too as I often uncover what it's like being a disabled girl in the 21st century.

Point is, I want to make people smile, laugh and realise their worth regardless of the different abilities we may have.

I truly believe that the disabled youth aren't represented well enough in the media, hence why, I'm endeavouring to change that.

I will shamelessly link my Youtube below, but thank you for reading this email regardless, and thank you for the work you do!!

Lots of love,

Emily Nicole Roberts

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE6...8ptO651fder_Sw

As soon as I see the word Diversity I am put off straight away, that word means far too much nowadays for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    As soon as I see the word Diversity I am put off straight away, that word means far too much nowadays for me.
    In this context it literally just means giving a platform to people who aren't straight, abled, white men.

How is that a bad thing?

OP. Good luck. I hope you win.

Quote Originally Posted by halppls View Post
    In this context it literally just means giving a platform to people who aren't straight, abled, white men.

How is that a bad thing?

OP. Good luck. I hope you win.
    Well said. Best of luck Emily.

Hi Emily,

I just watched the first few of your videos and I think it's very brave of you to do what you're doing. The very best of luck with it all and I hope it takes you where you want to go.

With such a lovely face and cheerful personality I think you'll go far - who knows you could end up becoming a TV personality in the future.

I can only use my manual wheelchair around the house and have to rely on a powered one for outdoors. I love your roof box - I'd not seen one of those before. I just drive my wheelchair into the back of my car and then slide across to the driver's seat.

All the best,

Trevor