Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wca telephone assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Pau View Post
    Am I right in thinking they are not doing any telephone reassessments for anyone with MH issues during covid ? Or has that changed ? I’m sure I read somewhere on this forum a few months back .
    You need to distinguish between PIP and ESA/UC telephone assessments - the guidance is different for each.

ESA/UC Work Capability Assessments by telephone are still being done for those with MH issues.
    There is special guidance for HCPs doing telephone WCAs which covers claimants with MH conditions.

I'm not sure what the guidance is with PIP telephone assessments.

The lastest assessors guidance I have for telephone WCAs (for ESA/UC LCWRA) can be found here:
    Telephone WCA clerical (report form) guidance. - August 2020
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by mattattack444 View Post
    not too sure, im quite new to all this. i have MH issues and was booked in for a assessment to day but they called 5 mins before and cancelled due to one of the workers testing positive for covid so she said it will be a minimum 10 days until they get back to me with a new date. honestly they have changed the date and time 4 times now and routine upsets really spike my panic disorder i dont know why. hope i can get this sorted soon
    That's pretty shocking, was hoping it would all go smoothly for you. Changes to routine are hard for a lot of people with MH issues, but four times? I think I'd be inclined to complain but not sure if that's inadvisable knowing how they operate.

Thanks for the replies

I’m on UC LCWRA, so I suppose it just by chance who is being reassess? I was supposed to be reassessed last February but because of Covid heard absolutely zilch , pretty sure I’ll be getting a form any day now though .

Yes it’s shocking that they’ve cancelled 4 times , it’s almost like some sadistic pleasure the get from the stress and worry they cause people, nothing surprises me anymore with them anymore .
    I’m also diagnosed with panic disorder and 2 other MH condition so I completely empathise with you and what you’re going through . Like nukecad said if you do get a LCWRA no- it probably wouldn’t be difficult to get it overturned. Just make sure you emphasise how you’re affected on your worst day and take your time to not feel pressured by them .