Thread: Advising DWP of Change of Address

Advising DWP of Change of Address

Hi, I recently moved house (to a more suitable house for my needs) and advised the DWP in writing as the telephone lines were constantly busy. I receive contribution based ESA Support Group and PIP. Today I received a telephone call asking about my change of address and many other questions like am I in rented accommodation, who do I live with, name and date of birth of my husband etc. I have never been asked these questions before. Is this normal or has my house move flagged a reassessment.

Moving house has nothing to do with a reassessment.
    (But always remember that you may be due for one anyway).

Unless you are claiming Housing Benefit and have moved to a different Local Authority moving makes no difference, and they are just checking that their details are up to date now that you have moved.

They are also checking because if you were claiming Housing Benefit and moved to a different LA (and don't currently have SDP in your ESA) then you would have to claim UC instead of Housing Benefit for help with the rent.
    That would then have a knock on effect to any income related premiums that you have with CB ESA.

If your ESA is currently £113.55 a week then that's not an issue, if you ESA is higher then it may be an issue if you are renting.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.