Thread: Short survey about £20 Covid increase.

Short survey about £20 Covid increase.

A short survey from the Disability Benefits Consortium about how not getting the £20/week Covid uplift in legacy benefits has/may have affected you:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...QuU4Q/viewform
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I don't normally take part in surveys, but I did with this one as I think it is grossly unfair for the disabled to be treated this way. We've had extra costs just like everyone else.

They don't ask for personal details either, just an email address (I used one I save for likely sources of junk mail).

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    I don't normally take part in surveys, but I did with this one as I think it is grossly unfair for the disabled to be treated this way. We've had extra costs just like everyone else.

They don't ask for personal details either, just an email address (I used one I save for likely sources of junk mail).
    I didn't have to give an email address, or phone number, I left it blank. (But they already have my email address from a previous survey, that's how I knew about this new survey).

They are just collecting evidence/stories anonymously to support a further campaign.
    The governments main excuse for not adding the uplift to legacy benefit was that it's hard to change the legacy system and it would have taken to long.
    (Bullshine, but they managed to get away with it because it was all a national panic at the time and people didn't want to rock the boat during a crisis).

If the government keeps the covid uplift in UC this year they can't reasonably use the same excuse for not adding it to legacy benefits this time round.

Of course they will try to avoid adding it to legacy benefits this year because that will be a clear admission that they should have added it last year.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-01-21 at 21:55.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Of course they will try to avoid adding it to legacy benefits this year because that will be a clear admission that they should have added it last year.
    Indeed. I'm sure they'll find a way to wriggle out of it, but it would be nice to think that at some stage in the future they will have to cough up and give us a couple of grand in back pay.