Thread: DIsabled ID

DIsabled ID

I'm not in a wc but i'm obviously disabled and people have never questioned it i also have a bluebadge which i use but other day there was a big queue outside a shop, in the early days of lockdown i went in the time slot allowed for elderly and disabled and if there were more than 5 in the queue person on door told me to come straight in like i say obvious walking issues. Those time allowed slots seems to have gone and know mostly due to xmas but cos so many people there person on door couldn't see me so i walked off as i did woman walking past said have you got your disabled id cos if show them they might let you in i said i have my blue badge she said don't think accept that saw a woman showing them one yestday when went past and they wouldn't let her in unless she had an id card. I had no idea what on about i said ok i'll look into that. So looked online and found DID so i just wondered if anyone as a Disabled ID card and has it made a difference when it's been used when there's been queues during lock down?

We had thread a couple of years back about disabled ID cards:
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...-Identity-Card

Having another look around the net the ones on offer/sale now not one of them has anything in the way of 'official' accreditation.
    Some are fancier than others, but they are all simply companies making money selling you a printed card in a holder.
    The ones charging a renewable fee seem a particular rip-off to me.

If you have a printer and some card to print on (or know someone who has) then there is nothing whatsoever to stop you printing up something similar yourself.

I just gave this website a try and knocked up a very official looking 'Disabled' card in 5 minutes, which you can then download and print.
    I've uploaded it here: https://pasteboard.co/JHchXq4.jpg
    I should probably have made the banner colour Orange rather than Red.
    You can upload a photo, I just used my forum logo. If you leave the 'member since/expiration' blank those words don't show.
    Have a play:
    https://bighugelabs.com/badge.php

Then maybe get a pair of these for less than you would pay one of those online advertisers:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Horizontal-...258116&sr=8-24
    There are various other card holders available.

PS. I think I'll knock a real one up now with a list of my conditions, meds, and an emergency contact number.
    It will go in my wallet as a just in case.
    Last edited by nukecad; 31-12-20 at 15:04.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks Nuke did take a look your one did make me smile, couldn't put all mine on a card when my GP did my pip letter he actually listed all my syndromes and conditions and that was before the new stuff from the last 2yrs and without thinking as he passed it to me he said god you do have a lot wrong then realized said it out loud and looked horrified at me lol. The cost bit on the site did make me think dodgy but then thought well have to pay for the blue badge so maybe it's the norm. I actually have my disabled card from the late 80s that the job center gave me and i had to show when i went on interviews! Thanks for the reply happy new year Nuke