Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brown Envelope Asking To See Bank Statement

I think I'm very confused!

At the bottom of the letter on the page they work out what you are getting it says savings of lets say £15.000 (I haven't got £15,000) on the form I filled out last year.

Then this new worked out form on the bottom it say's savings of £14,000 (I haven't got £14,00) so I'm taking it as I can't go over £14.000 if I do I would have to tell them & drop the rate they give me?

The amount I have got is more near £15,000 than £14,000 so I need to spend some money to get down to £14,249.99 otherwise they are paying me too much?
    Last edited by StarBright; 15-01-21 at 09:12.

Copies of your bank statements can be requested from your bank, sometimes a fee may be payable.

Thanks I will remember this for next time I need a bank statement

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    Thanks I will remember this for next time I need a bank statement
    That is why I won't cancel paper statements even after being asked numerous times

I get a bank statement every month, I don't bank online so this & the phone are the two ways I can check my account. I didn't need to request a bank statement because I had it, but I might not get one in the future or I could shred it instead of keeping it.

What I needed this time was to call the bank & check what amount ESA had payed in & what the total of the account is now

I always file away financial information and keep it for 7 years. Luckily I have a filing cabinet.

I have a cupboard......it gets thrown in there & when I need one I grab a stack & go through them

I can't tell you how many years worth are in there because I've forgotten when the last time was that I shredded some

May be worth getting a small filing cabinet if you have space and filing everything in date order as I do. I have suspension files for each category. New one in and the oldest one out is what I do.
    Alternatively get some folders for the cupboard and file in date order in them.

I've got some of those colourful plastic folders....they are at the bottom of the heap of letters & bank statements

Good intentions ....one day

Now, now Starbright, what a good time to get yourself organised . We can't go out so to organise your correspondence will fill in some time. A bit at a time.