Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Brown Envelope Asking To See Bank Statement

By golly I've got it!

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Paying bills by monthly direct debit (or even a weekly/fortnightly payment plan) would stop that from happening.
    That's funny after I had posted I thought about monthly payments. I will see what happens for a couple of months & then decide thanks as always nuke

Of course all this could change in a heart beat when the brown envelope containing my PIP review drops though the door! we shall see

I've had my ESA April uplift letter they are giving me exactly 1 more a month so that makes 5 a month more with the 4 extra they have already given me

Just had this letter again asking for a photo copy of my bank account & savings book. Will have to ask elderly family member to get my savings book updated as It's been a while. And I brought a printer YAY! I hope it's YAY as me & printers don't get on but so far it seems to be working so I don't have to ask driving family member to photo copy for me.
    Last edited by StarBright; 14-01-22 at 11:10.

What make/model of printer is it?

Look round for cheaper ink cartridges if you can use them. Some makes of printer (notably HP) will reject them.
    If you can find a local shop that will refill your cartridges even better.

Cheaper still are refil kits, if you fancy a bit of DIY: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ink-Refills...ode=8490881031

Printer manufacturers own cartridges can cost more than the new printer does.
    https://press.which.co.uk/whichpress...d-printer-ink/
    Last edited by nukecad; 14-01-22 at 14:56.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I've just found my saved online receipt it's a HP Plus DeskJet 2722e Inkjet Printer & 6 Months Instant Ink. I haven't started the instant ink thing up though.

To be honest I can't see myself using it for anything other than DWP. Saying that my ESA "prognosis date" is August this year, so you never know

The HP Instant Ink has various palns, the lowest cost is for a 'light' use (about 15 pages a month) at £0.99 a month.
    So about 7p a page.

Of course it depends how much text there is to print on the page.

You pay that every month and when your ink is running low the printer tells HP (over the internet) and they send you new cartridges.

Alternatively you can forget instant ink and buy cartridges, at Argos both the Colour and the Black standard size (2ml) cartridges are £9.99 each.
    2ml should do about 100 pages.
    So about 10p a page.

You can get larger cartridges at about £15 for 200 pages so that would work out at 7.5p a page.

By that reckoning the instant ink would be cheaper if you are using it to do 15 pages a month, but because you pay every month would probably be dearer if you are not printing that much.

TBH at that price, and for what you say you will be doing then I wouldn't be too bothered with instant ink.
    Oddly the 3rd party cartridges I could find were dearer. (I think HP prices have come down from last year).
    A shop refill or DIY refill may save you money if you can be bothered.

(As a comparison Black ink cartridges for my Cannon printer are about £15 for 8ml which it says will do about 180 pages so about 8p a page, but TBH I haven't printed anything in over a year).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I found that compatible cartridges for my HP printer were dearer than the original ones too when I needed one a couple of months ago. I found that really weird.

Thank you Nuke for going all through that for me. Perhaps HP don't want people putting other ink cartridges in their printers so keep the price of them low & started up the Instant ink thing?.

I think I will just buy them as I need them, I will only be printing in B&W photo copies so should not need a colour one anyway.
    The savings book has been updated & photo copied, so has my last bank statement & it was taken to the post office today & put in the post box. Last year it took two weeks before getting the letter back. We shall see how long it takes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    I think I will just buy them as I need them, I will only be printing in B&W photo copies so should not need a colour one anyway. .
    I thought if you selected print only in black it only used the black ink, but, one day my printer wouldnt print because the colour ink ran out and thought it must be a fault so i toddled off to the shop and they said that when only printing in black it used the colour to make up the black. Its a total scam is printer ink.

Blimey I never knew that!. Thanks stubby I won't be surprised now when it needs changing