Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Brown Envelope Asking To See Bank Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
    I thought if you selected print only in black it only used the black ink, but, one day my printer wouldnt print because the colour ink ran out and thought it must be a fault so i toddled off to the shop and they said that when only printing in black it used the colour to make up the black. Its a total scam is printer ink.
    That depends entirely on the make of printer, some do, some use only the black. Mine only uses black for black when that has gone I can use colour.

Arh maybe or maybe not then. I will find out one day which type I've got

As said it all depends on the printer (manufacturer).

There has been a row for a number of years now about certain printer manufactures putting software and hardware in their printers/cartridges to make you only use their over-priced ones.
    One major manufacturer actually embeded a 'don't work after so many months' code into their cartridges, so once fitted you had to replace them after that time even if not empty.

Most printers that take both Black and Colour cartridges need both to be in to work.
    It shouldn't matter if one is empty as long as both are physically there.
    But certain manufacturers put software in there that wouldn't let you print black if the colour was empty (or 'too old'), there is no genuine reason why they were just being greedy.

It was/is a restrictive practice and they are now moving away from it before they get sued for millions.

This is about HP lawsuits:
    https://borncity.com/win/2021/03/22/...ed-cartridges/

This is one from last year where a guy sued Cannon because his scanner function wouldn't work if there was no ink in the printer/scanner.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/cano...1-10?r=US&IR=T

PS. My first home printer back in the 1980's, a HP inkjet portable, had 3 seperate colour cartridges (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow) and no Black cartridge.
    (Which meant if you used one colour a lot you weren't throwing away a 3-in-one cartridge with the other colours still unused).
    But it printed Black text as a sort of muddy dark green. Yuck now, but acceptable at the time when very few people had printers at home.
    There was a version that had a black cartridge only and no colour.
    Last edited by nukecad; 16-01-22 at 04:33.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for the above Nuke,

I've had my annual April increase in ESA benefits letter today. Now that's early! comes into effect 12th April.

It's going up £6.15 a week.

I don't know if this is with the newly worked out money that I've sent them on the 15th or on what I was getting before?.

Edit to say that sounds way too much extra a week for an annual uprating. So perhaps they have given me more a week before the uprating & this letter has gotten here faster than the other one?
    Last edited by StarBright; 21-01-22 at 12:14.

That is early, not had mine yet but I have just changed to UC.
    I'm not sure you even get a letter on UC it's probably just put on your journal.

£6 may be right for just uprating, depending on what group and what premiums you have it could get up to that.
    But it's probably a combination of some uprating and some reduced savings.

You can see last year/next years rates here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...s-2022-to-2023

Thanks Nuke,

Looking back on this thread I got £4 added for reduced savings & £1 added for uprating last time.

Post number 42 for the £1 a month uprasing & post number 18 for the £4 reduced savings.

We shall see will let you know when that letter arrives

Well no letters turned up, so I had no idea what was going to be payed in today. So I called my bank & they have put in my usual amount.

Usually I get a letter saying how much extra they will pay me due to my savings amount, & on what day it's going to start.

This year I got an uprating letter saying when they will pay me from April.

Does this mean they won't pay me anything extra until April?

I'm confused.com but it does not take much

I guess I will find out in two weeks time I will call my bank again & check what's going in

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    I've had my annual April increase in ESA benefits letter today. Now that's early! comes into effect 12th April.
    That's clear enough, the letter is about the anual updating and the increase shown in that letter applies from 12th April and not before then.

But if that's what it is, then where is my letter about how much ESA they will pay me now due to a change in savings?

And that would change what they will pay me in April anyway if they have not already included it.

They sent me a letter asking to see my last bank statement & savings book. I sent them. I've had no response except a uprating letter for £6.15 more a week from April 12th.

There is no way they will be giving me a £6.15 a week uplift. Last year I got £1 a week uprating.

So I could be missing out on the increase due to my savings going down which should be payed now & not waiting until 12th April before paying me it. If I call the DWP I don't know if a as you call them phone jockey would understand & give ma a correct answer as to what's happening.

So I will wait & call again in two weeks time every two weeks until April 12th & hope I'm not missing out on a lot of money ho hum

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    But if that's what it is, then where is my letter about how much ESA they will pay me now due to a change in savings?
    Somewhere in the post? Not been sent out yet? Take your pick.

I've just got one this morning from my council about a 'change' to my Council Tax Reduction as from 20th December 2021. (The date of my first UC payment).
    A confusing letter because once I read it and worked out what it was saying it there is no 'change'.
    I hope the council are not going to start sending me one every month now that I'm on UC. That would be a waste of time, paper, and postage but nothing would surprise me.