Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange message on my UC journal Repair Team?

Strange message on my UC journal Repair Team?

I passed my WCA a few weeks ago and my work coach called to tell me i no longer need to look or prepare for work and that he would call me back in 3-4 months to see how i am getting on. Today i get a message in my Journal to say

I will call you 18/12/20 to help you with your claim to Universal Credit I will call at 9:00

You will be able to see the appointment on your account I need to verify your identity and will need to ask you a few questions.

Then in my to do list it says

Attend your appointment to UCTLR DO NOT ACTION - Repair Team

Repair Team? any idea what this could be about? The appointment is also with a job center in london and i live over 100 miles away

UCTLR DO NOT ACTION - Repair Team
    That looks like a computer message from one computer technical department to another.
    (From the computer 'repair team' saying that nobody UCTLR should take any 'action' because they are sorting the computer mistake out).
    Ignore it; it will either dissappear, or come back with a re-written message.

As it's taken a while to get your WCA decision the telephone call is probably about that.

Was your WCA decision LCW or LCWRA?
    If it's LCWRA then there should be some backpay to come, and they often just want to confirm some details first.

Don't worry about the fact that they are telephoning from London, it makes no difference where they call from.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

My Decision was LCWRA, Iv'e been a nercous wreck the past few months worrying about my claim, was such a huge relief to get my decision and now i was panicking incase they were calling to say there was an error and i was actually found fit for work or something.

They just called and it was to do with a security check, something to do with the fact that i started my claim at the start of the pandemic and haven't physically shown ID to anybody,they just asked some basic security questions, like previous addresses etc. 99% sure i have already been asked the same questions before though.

That all sounds normal.

As your WCA decision was LCWRA then there will be some backpay to come, and they normally do a security check before sending out backpay to make double sure that it's going to the right person.

You don't get LCWRA payment for the first 3 months of a new claim.
    I'm not sure from your old posts just what date you claimed UC, I think it was in June?
    If it was then you will be due backpayment of the extra money for LCWRA from August or September up until the current month.
    Then you will get the extra money for LCWRA added to your UC each month from now on.

PS. Keep looking on your UC journal payments page for the LCWRA backpayment to be issued.

I am not sure if i will get any backpay as while i did start my claim in june i didn't provide a fit note until august? i think if I'm due due any it won't be much. My reasoning was that at the time due to covid there were no commitments so i mistakenly assumed that providing a fit note would not make any difference, i only started providing sicknotes after they re introduced commitments. I wasn't in a rush to get my UC50 or have a WCA because i was also half expecting to fail the WCA anyway and thus i thought that taking advantage of no having commitments and prolonging the WCA would be beneficial if i were to fail the WCA. In hindsight i now wish i had provided a sick note earlier.

I have just checked my journal and i self certified as sick at the end of July and got my first official fit note on the 10th August. My next statement is now also showing my next payday to include the extra for Limited capability for work and work-related activity £341.92. Nothing about any back pay, i would expect something even if it was a few day's, they surely didn't make the decision bang on the 3month period to the exact day?

From that it sounds as if you are due at least one, and maybe two, months of LCWRA backpay.

Although that may depend on the actual date you claimed UC and the actual date you first gave evidence of being unfit for work.
    Self-certification does count although you sometimes have to poke them to get them to accept that. (Penny pinching by the DWP again).

Any backpay will be seperate to your usual UC payments, and so should show up seperately on the journal.
    You only had the phone call today so I'd give it a day or two for anything to show up, if it's going to.

PS. With UC it doesn't work as a 'few days', UC payments are assessed for a whole month so any LCWRA element is always a full month.

Just checked my journal again

New claim submitted on 20th Mar 2020

28 Jul 2020, submitted a change of circumstances and i recorded in my journal that my doctor told me to self certify for 7 days from that date, from then onwards i supplied fitnotes.

I will leave it a few day's and if i don't hear anything should i leave a message on my journal and ask if i am due any back pay or should i call them instead?

Those dates make it clearer, and if you claimed in March but didn't tell them that you were unfit for work until June then as you suspected there isn't (shouldn't be) any backpayment for LCWRA to come.

It works out like this:-

You made your UC claim on the 20th of March.
    So your UC monthly period is the 20th of each month to the 19th of the next month, with your normal payment date 7 days later on the 26th of each month.

The C-of-C, and your Medical Evidence, was first provided in the monthly period 20 July to 19 Aug.

Reckoning for LCWRA payment, if awarded LCWRA following the Work Capability Assessment, starts at the end of that month.

Then there is another 3 months 'waiting time' before the actual payments begin to be made (similar to the 13 weeks waiting time in ESA) so:
    UC month Aug 20 to Sep 19 - waiting period, no LCWRA payment due.
    UC month Sep 20 to Oct 19 - waiting period, no LCWRA payment due.
    UC month Oct 20 to Nov 19 - waiting period, no LCWRA payment due.

UC month Nov 20 to Dec 19 - waiting period is over, LCWRA payment can be included in UC from Nov 20th.
    Your first LCWRA payment should be included in your UC payment due on the 26th of December.

Oh well, no backpay because they got the assessment and award done quickly enough, but the £341.92 increase in UC payments from now on.
    Last edited by nukecad; 18-12-20 at 20:41.

Ahh that makes sense now, they don't make it very clear that's for sure, some back pay would have been nice but honestly i am just super grateful to have been awarded LCWRA and the extra money is a huge help and relief! I truly appreciate you taking the time reply also, Have a great xmass and new year!