Thread: Having nightmare trying to get through to PIP on the phone, best time?

Having nightmare trying to get through to PIP on the phone, best time?

Hi,
    A relative was sent PIP application as DLA ending. They have received 0 points and so we've asked for an MR. I sent it special delivery so we know it was received but have heard nothing. I wanted to call to make sure it's actually in the system. I've been trying to call 0800 121 4433 for days and it gets to the point where I get cut off or I need to do something else so can't hang on the line any longer. Two things I was wondering: Is there a best time to call? Secondly, does anyone have any experience of how long it takes to hear when you've requested MR and do they contact via mail or telephone? I'd be grateful for any help as I'm currently tearing my hair out!

i would always try to call right at the beginning of their day - i cannot remember what time they start but it will say on their correspondence.

Also - mail can take two or three weeks to reach the relevant department.

Hi check all the contacts on here https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pe...ontact-numbers

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    i would always try to call right at the beginning of their day - i cannot remember what time they start but it will say on their correspondence.

Also - mail can take two or three weeks to reach the relevant department.
    Thanks, I managed to get through first thing yesterday. I was convinced they opened at 8 but it had a recorded message saying not open until 9. Anyways, I called back at 9 and got through, I nearly fell of my chair lol.