Thread: Is uc going to put the extra sdp on?

Is uc going to put the extra sdp on?

Is limited capability uc going to add on extra for the sdp?
    As I'm aware that some people have gone to court and got there sdp added as theresa said no one will be worse off.

In a word - No; but also Yes - because you won't lose any money.

There are no premiums in UC so no SDP, however if/when you Manage Migrate to UC there will be a 'Transitional Addition' to make sure that your money is not any less than you got with legacy benefits before migrating.

Following the court case(s) those who had lost SDP by moving to UC have been getting a 'Transitional Payment' to make up for that loss, it was paid seperately from UC.
    That only covered what they had lost for the SDP, and they are still slightly worse off because they still lost the EDP.
    That loss of EDP has gone back to court again, (for the 4th time now by the same two claimants who got the 'Transitional Payments' for everyone), I'm not sure where that case is currently up to.

In October that 'Transitional Payment' was changed to a 'Transitional Element' and is now paid as part of UC.
    There is no extra money for them in this change, it's just a new name because it's now paid as part of their UC rather than seperately.

At the moment if you have SDP then you can't claim UC so the issue doesn't arise.

Those who are Managed Migrated in future will get a 'Transitional Addition' to make sure that their money is not any less than they got with legacy benefits before migrating.

So:
    At the moment there is the 'Transitional Element' in UC for those who were Naturally Migrated, which doesn't quite make up for all of the money that they lost by migrating.

In the future if/when you are Managed Migrated to UC there will be a 'Transitional Addition' in UC which means that you won't lose any money by migrating.
    Last edited by nukecad; 27-11-20 at 17:42.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.