Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

Boris podium job sky news at 4pm tonight talking about the vaccines so perhaps you will learn more then Nuke

COVID-19: PM says plan is to offer booster jabs to everyone eligible by end of January to deal with new Omicron variant

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...riant-12483184

400 army & 1,500 chemists & vaccine centres popping up

I should think they are. Difficult to get an appointment round here especially for those who don't drive. Most vaccination centres are quite a few miles away.

I had my booster last week, it was at a local now unused huge factory unit. My wife who was very sceptical had her questions answered by a doctor in a seperate room when she was initialy questioned and then without further ado we joined a well organised queue which despite being long was dealt with in no time. Once seated details were taken and checked, the jab was administered in the arm of choice and the advice was to remain seated for 15 mins to check for reactions. There was a small but visible presence of Im guessing nurses keeping an eye out, answering concerns and joining in a bit of banter it was actualy quite enjoyable. Whilst it was not a day out it was not a chore, being well organised and professional the people involved were wonderful. Even the car park as it was a large estate was busy but capable and easy to navigate and as it was relaxed every body was polite relaxed, letting others out. Had to fill up with fuel on the way back at a supermarket station and that by comparison was a nightmare.

And now the situation/difficulty with getting Booster Jabs starts to make more sense: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59486165

About 50 mass vaccination centres have closed in England as the original vaccination programme passed its peak and many GPs have stopped delivering Covid vaccines to focus on other patients and flu jabs.
    So while pushing everyone eligible to get a booster they were closing the places where you could go and get one.
    Headline grabbing vs actuality again.

Now they have to panic and put things back in place again.
    Hospital hubs will be asked to offer jabs to the public as well as NHS staff and more pharmacies will be used in a bid to meet the January target.
    The health secretary said the NHS was working with GP representatives to suspend some of the workload of GPs so they can "concentrate on vaccine delivery".
    Booster doses will be given at 1,500 community pharmacy sites and extra hospital hubs in England and 400 military personnel will help with the rollout, the prime minister has said.
    Which will all take weeks, if not months, to get rolling again.

(I also note the old Tory cry of 'Use the Army', to help with covid jabs, to help with downed power lines due to Arwen, to patrol the Channel beaches for migrants. Don't they realise that they have cut the army to the bone and just don't have thousands of troops sat around idle anymore?).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

There's also been put a bounty on our heads again.

They will give Chemists £5 per covid jab. Nurses £10 for non vulnerable people & will pay £30 for any vulnerable person they jab.

They did that with the first two covid vaccines but not the boosters for the vulnerable up to now.

I knew that GP's were not doing them much if at all in some areas including our area. I didn't know the retired GP's & volunteers had been stood down & not using them now. But they are going to ask them to start again.

District nurses called today & asked if I would like my Flu jab. Obviously I said yes please. She said they have been given more staff & they are in my area on Sunday, so I'm having then. I'm getting used to weekend jabs now

COVID-19: Pfizer and Moderna jabs give best overall boost, UK study finds

This is not tested against Omniron

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...finds-12485047

Covid pill rollout

Secretary Sajid Javid is preparing to announce the beginning of a national pilot of Lagevrio, also known as molnupiravir. Under plans, courses of the tablet could be delivered to clinically vulnerable and immunosuppressed patients within 48 hours of a positive Covid test

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-59536418

Well at least someone is on the ball.

It's six months since my last jab and I just had a text from the place where I had it inviting me to book a booster.
    Quick visit to the personalised weblink they sent and I'm booked in for tomorow morning.

(Wednesday would have been better but they didn't have any. I'm going to the Jobcentre on Wednesday and they are only about 100m apart so I could have done both in one trip).
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-12-21 at 13:49.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Brilliant Nuke,

Only another 3 months & you can have your fourth one