Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

Flu and Covid jabs safe to be given at same time, study finds:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ame-time-study

I had my flu jab and have now been invited for my covid booster. I have a problem. Came to Scotland on a coach tour and got caught up in a covid outbreak in the hotel. Law in Scotland says that even if you have a negative PCR test you have to isolate. Should have gone home last Sunday but still stuck in an hotel room in Scotland. Can't leave the room at all. Plans are to travel home on Monday. Scottish covid law is very strict. 8 extra nights here going stir crazy in 4 walls. It is a nightmare Dr

COVID-19: UK shows interest in coronavirus antiviral pill after trial shows it could halve hospitalisations and deaths

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...eaths-12423286

Hundreds of at-risk under-50s with compromised immune systems are being denied a booster jab that's vital to keep them safe amid confusion over their eligibility:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oster-jab.html

Had my booster last Thursday.

Just had a phone call from the home covid vaccination team. Asked a few questions & said I'm booked in for Monday between 8-6

Not a vaccine but a tablet

Molnupiravir: UK becomes first country to approve 'game-changing' COVID-19 pill that can be taken at home:

https://news.sky.com/story/molnupira...-home-12459683

I've got a flu jab tomorrow, so wondered why with all the noise about slow take up of the covid booser I hadn't been offered one yet.

Then I realised that as I had my second jab on 3rd June it's not been 6 months yet.

They have dropped that to 5 months for 'vulnerable' groups.
    But as I've mentioned before whether or not I'm 'vulnerable' seems to depend on which bit of the NHS I talk to (and from all I can tell maybe if it's raining on that particular day or not).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Good luck with the flu jab tomorrow Nuke,

They don't know what to do with you, you are unique

Somebody has seen some sense for once.

As from Monday you will be able to book a booster jab a month before you are due for one.
    (Why from Monday and not starting straight away today is anybodys guess, a line or two of the booking software will need rewriting to check it's been 5 months instead of 6 since you second jab, but that shouldn't take long to do).

From the NHS booking page this morning:
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...id-19-vaccine/
    Important

From Monday 8 November 2021 you'll be able to pre-book an appointment for a booster dose if you're eligible and it's been at least 152 days (5 months) since your 2nd dose.

The appointments you'll be offered will still be from 182 days (6 months) after your 2nd dose.
    So if your second jab was 10th June or before you will be able to book your booster as from Monday.

I do note that is doesn't say anything about changing when they'll send out a reminder.
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-11-21 at 08:52.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.