Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    It would be a lot easier for you Nuke if you could get your third one at a local chemist
    I'm expecting to get one with my flu jab at the GP surgery, which is closer than the chemists by about 20 meters.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Brilliant Nuke, saves you trekking

Luckily hubby has now recovered from the dreaded Covid and his heart has been stabilised. I suspect that if he hadn't had both the vaccines he wouldn't be with us today due to his underlying illnesses.

That's fantastic news beau

Having both covid vaccines did nothing to help your hubby as his blood test showed he had zero antibodies & the only way to get antibodies to covid is if he had it himself or the vaccines worked for him which they didn't

However he in theory now has some antibodies because he has had it. But only another blood test would show that

We don't really know about the home antibody tests, I have read that they are not really accurate so what is the point of them anyway? We can only presume that he had a small amount of protection from the jabs.
    All speculation in the end.

I'm not sure why you don't trust the home antibody tests, is it because the NHS didn't do it?

If you don't believe the blood test results why did you do it?

I've just gone through a NHS blood test showing a drop in my white blood cells. It was repeated 5 weeks later & they are back to normal again. Was the first blood test wrong or was my body playing up? I think you can say you don't believe any blood test

If it helps any I recently did a home blood test not by the NHS which showed quiet a few things up & having changed things to help my body it's had a positive effect. Why didn't the NHS do it because it's not something they do & reading online on the NHS website it say's they don't believe the home blood test company's do the tests right.

Well I'm living proof they do them right & it is just the NHS's way of getting round having to make a whole out patients section of the NHS for this. If I had had this blood test done decades ago I have no doubt I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in now

Anyway hubby's home that's what matters & hopefully he is brimming with covid antibodies

Good to hear he has recovered.

Are they still talking about a pacemaker?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Starbright, the antibody test was something he was invited to do for research by Oxford University. He was sent the kit a finger prick and a drop of blood on a small plastic thing which then changed colour as to whether or not there were antibodies present. He had to photograph the this device and send it back via email. On top of that there was a questionnaire to fill in. He only did it to try and help the cause.

Nukecad, they appear to have stabilised his heart by adding yet more drugs to the mountain. I am just hoping they will keep a physical eye on him instead of the phone calls. If he had the problem before covid we will never know, just talking to someone on the phone does not give a clear picture of what is going on. I think he needs regular ECG's to keep an eye on what his heart is doing. Not weekly but possibly 3 or 4 monthly ones. Something I will push for at his next phone appointment but no doubt they will blame Covid as a get out.

Thanks beau, sounds cosha to me. I don't think Oxford University would send out tests for research that are dodgy

Thankful there are so many different medications to try & thankful they found a combination that helps your hubby

Hubby has got another invitation from the NHS this time to take an antibody test. Needless to say he has signed up again. It will be interesting to see if there are now antibodies present after having the 2 jabs and Covid in spite of him having a very compromised immune system.
    This test is different, one is done at home and another is sent away.
    If it comes back positive it will give him a bit more freedom instead of being stuck in the proverbial prison. Keeping our fingers crossed.
    Last edited by beau; 08-07-21 at 18:22.