Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

And another new variant!:

New ‘Lambda’ South American Covid variant discovered in the UK

Six cases of the Lambda variant have been discovered in Britain – all of which have been linked to overseas travel.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/153797...d-list-latest/

We still don't know what variant hubby had/has.
    The doctor said today that if they can't stabilise his heart with drugs then it may well be a pacemaker.

The question is, has covid caused further heart failure or was it that way prior and being hospitalised brought it to the fore?

All the appointments with the Heart Failure Team have been on the phone and stats only verbally given instead of being physically checked. How reliable are your own readings taken from a smart watch?
    Makes one wonder.
    I am going to text his heart failure nurse tomorrow. I have no faith in her as all she does is keep upping drugs or say I will talk to a colleague which she never does. That leads me to believe that she isn't very good.

Hmm there's a lot going on beau,

makes you wonder if a pacemaker would be better than lots of drugs anyway, but as I'm not a doctor I don't know.

I hope you get some answers or action from the heart failure nurse tomorrow

Covid booster: first 'variant vaccine' used in new Oxford trial:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-oxford-trial/

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    How reliable are your own readings taken from a smart watch?
    Makes one wonder.
    It will depend on the individual and how it's been programmed.

I have a very good Heart Rate monitor on my phone, gives an accurate reading and an accurate graph, (the graph shows the missing beats and double half-beats accurately), none of the others I've tried come anywhere near it - but because I can have a pretty irregular beat at times it can sometimes think that it's not reading correctly and asks me to check that I'm using the monitor right.

If your hubby is getting to the stage of needing a pacemaker then perhaps his smartwatch has been doing the same thing and rejecting any measurements that were out of it's 'expected' range?

(PS. Having a regularly irregular heartbeat is a boon at a F2F assessment, the look on the assessors face when they measure it by hand after you tell them their equipment won't do it accurately, last time it was playing up nicely and I could see her wondering whether she needed to call an ambulance ).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

The good news is that he is being discharged today with yet another drug to stabilise his heart.
    Still not happy with the heart failure team nurse, she seems to be useless. I honestly think those appointments should be face to face so they can take accurate readings instead of just going on your reports.

Still wondering where he picked up covid from seeing as I was negative.

That's great news beau, hope these extra pills will sort it out.

The answer to your last sentence is anyone withing breathing distance of him if they felt well or not, or something someone who had covid touched then hubby touched & put in his mouth, or up his nose or rubbed his eyes any hole really!

The annoying thing is that we have both been very particular, masks all of the time and use of sanitiser whenever we have touched anything. What more could we do? I think it is the luck of the draw in spite of all our precautions. Added to the mix are his pre existing conditions that make him extremely vulnerable.

It absolutely shows how horrendous this bug is, yes sanitiser & masks must help & we still need to do it, but it's not 100% guaranteed that it will stop you from catching it. Another 22,868 people tested positive today, which is going up every day again due to the new Indian variant but thankfully the deaths are a lot lower but any amount of deaths is horrendous

Your hubby's blood test showed he had 0 antibodies & we don't know your level of antibodies you could have had the same exposure to covid as he did but you didn't get it due to your vaccine protection or luck of the draw as you say

I completely disagree with the lifting of restrictions from 19th July. I know we are all fed up but health is far more important than boredom and the wish for life to get back to normality.
    I am pretty hardy and may only pick up even a common cold every 10 years or so. I put this down to my immune system being strengthened by working in a school for 25+ years.
    On saying that, I won't count my chickens