Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

I'm having injection this afternoon at 2.30pm 13/2/21

COVID-19: Vaccine doses shouldn't be more than six weeks apart, scientist behind Pfizer-BioNTech jab says

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-says-12215576

Hi barbiejane, Good luck for this afternoon thinking of you

It's a good day to be jabbed as I have just been jab too.

Lovely lady we hit it off straight away I opened the door & she said my name I said yes are you my vaccinator! she laughed said yes & we were chatting & laughing all through. We cheered each other up It's not her area she has been given postcodes to where she needs to go & I'm the first person she has seen because the first postcode must of been wrong as no one was there & it was just a building, so she was very pleased I opened the door & was in.

I've been given the Oxford one. I don't have a date for my second one she said someone will come back in three months time. She said it might be me or it might not but she hopes it's her because she want's to come back & see me again arh!

I still don't see this insistance that all kids MUST go back to school ASAP.

For some MP's it seems to have become a creed written in stone, with no real explanation of why it should override any other considerations.

Just because most kids don't show symptoms or get seriously ill doesn't mean that they aren't spreading Covid.

Vaccination testing on kids would seem to suggest that others have the same concern.
    Viruses spread best/fastest when the carrier is not showing sysptoms, that's why sucessful viruses have 'incubation' periods before symptoms appear.

In fact the evidence from last September/October would tend to argue that youngsters being at school is a major cause of spreading.
    Kid and students went back to education, infection rates shot up, everyone back into lockdown in November.

From that sky link above:
    "The role of children in transmission, once they have acquired the infection, is unclear, although there is no clear evidence that they are any more infectious than adults."
    I've never seen anything suggesting that kids are "more infectious than adults" - just "as infectious" and clumped together in groups, spreading it to each other, and then taking it home.

Obviously if you have kids stuck at home you'll probably welcome them going back to school, but I for one would be worried about what they will be bringing home.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I totally agree Nuke,

Just because they don't "suffer" bad symptoms of covid does not mean they don't spread the virus. I'm thankful that van tam I think it was stopped the constant chatter that school teachers should be vaccinated before others on the priority list because there is no greater risk of getting covid if you are a school teacher than any other occupation.

And I don't understand this panic that children of any age in the school system will be affected their entire lives because they missed a year & a bit of school.

In my world everything should be kept as it is now until May when the top 4 groups will of been jabbed twice & more people will of had their first jab. If I'm being honest I would keep everything as it is now until Sept when all adults would of had their first jab & more people would of had their second one. Then open schools & collages. At that time in Autumn the new booster jabs from Pfizer & Oxford will of been made against these variants & started to be given out to protect people from these variants too.

But that's just my world

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    And I don't understand this panic that children of any age in the school system will be affected their entire lives because they missed a year & a bit of school.
    I think that's more misdirection and the real problem is the fact that schools don't have the capacity, rooms or teachers, for an extra years worth of pupils when they do go back. Babies are still being born and growing up.

Of course rooms are easy, they have until next Septembers intake to sort out extra rooms, (we had some school lessons in portacabins), but teachers are already in short supply.

Half my primary school was in a portacabin! I remember the steps were very very slippery in Winter

The NHS has vaccinated 15 Million people the top 4 groups. The deadline was tomorrow so they have done it a day early They are starting to contact people in the 65 age group tomorrow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56062976
    From Monday, the vaccine rollout is being expanded to include over-65s and those deemed clinically vulnerable.
    Note that if the BBC is right and they are including under 65's with 'clinical conditions' as from tomorrow this should also include Carers:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...riority-groups
    Footnote 1 says:
    At the same time as adults under 65 years with long term conditions, the vaccine will also be offered to adult carers – those who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.

I've probably got this wrong but I read it to be we have done the first 4 groups. So the next group is 5 All those 65 & over. It's not until group 6 that the carers are involved.

Unless they are doing groups 5 & 6 together?