Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

More than likely Nuke

That's good to hear beau

I'm getting the Paracetamol ready on stand by this time after last time

Well I've just done that REACT COVID-19 swab test for the Imperial College study.

I've not done a covid swab test before, they need to come up with a better method.

Plenty of gag reflex when swabbing your tonsils, and it doesn't half make your eyes water swabbing your nose. (I'm still sneezing 20 mins later).
    And just how are you meant to reliably locate/swab your tonsils on your own? 'Somewhere about there' best guess is all they can get.

TBH as you use the same swab for both I'm wondering if swabing the throat is just to get your nose running and it's the 'fresh' mucus from the nose that they actually want to test.

The sample is sat in the fridge waiting for a courier now. Sometime between 8am and 6pm is the best they will say.

And as usual there are some stupid/ambiguous questions on the follow up survey, do they not think things through before writing these questions.

EDIT- Just been texted and emailed an update. Collection is now 'expected' between 09:48 and 11:48.
    Update - Collected at 10:49, dead in the middle of the estimate.
    Last edited by nukecad; 24-04-21 at 09:52.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

No the tests aren't pleasant to do. I did one for research but can't remember where it went to. Yodel also picked mine up and it landed at its destination in the middle of the night. I also did a follow up survey.
    Hubby had to do one before he had radiotherapy because he was going to a cancer hospital, it was delivered by Amazon and collected by Yodel.

UK secures 60 million Pfizer doses for autumn booster vaccines

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-secure...-jabs-12289470

Hubby has received an invitation to take part in an antibody study by the Imperial College. He has had both his vaccinations so it would be interesting to discover what antibodies they have produced seeing he has lymphoma, therefore very little resistance to any infection.
    Doubt if he will do it though.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Hubby has received an invitation to take part in an antibody study by the Imperial College.
    That's the finger prick test.

Here's an Independent review from a reporter who did one last September.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a9658146.html

Not as uncomfortable as the antigen swab test. (Unless you can't stand needles or the sight of blood).

PS. My own swab test result came back as negative for covid antigens; which simply means that I didn't have covid at the time I did the swab.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

If you want to spend £79.00 reduced at the mo to £59.00 you can find out your level of immunity to covid 19. It's a at home finger prick test then send back through the post

https://www.yorktest.com/products/co...-tracker-test/

So hubby is lucky having one free

I am going to push him to take part. As I have said it will be interesting to see the results due to his existing lymphoma causing hardly any resistance.

I hope he does because he was "randomly chosen" for a reason & that reason is because he has existing lymphoma which causes him to have hardly any resistance. So how much antibodies his body has made against Covid after two jabs will be invaluable info that will help everyone else who finds them self or loved ones in that horrible situation which could happen to anyone of us at any time.

Pleased to say hubby has registered for the antibody test. Apart from giving us an indication it should also help others in the same situation and give a clear picture of how good the vaccinations are for folk in the same circumstances.