Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

Yes could well be Nuke

Also the first two vaccines were done by the GP's this time it seems only some GP's are doing them because they keep on saying on the news to get your booster at your GP's or vaccination centres. Our GP's are not doing it so did they this time have a choice to do it or not to do it?

Seems odd

Hope something comes up nearer or/and easier to get there I.E no hills. Driving family member sat on the website & refreshed then when someone cancels it pops up & he got one. I've not been on the site myself because they called me & came to my home so don't know if only the places near you that have a slot come up or they all are shown even if they don't have slots

The Covid vaccine given as a SKIN PATCH

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kin-patch.html

Just had a text from the NHS saying that as I am 'at increased risk of complications' I can book a booster.

Same booking website, different places coming up this time.
    Still none suitable and all but one over 10 miles away.
    That one is 6.5 miles and where it's at doesn't even have a bus service to the town/village.
    It has a railway station, one train an hour, I'd have to go 6 miles the wrong way to then get a train.

So I tried the 'Grab-a-jab' webpage for where you can just turn up and get one without an appointment. https://www.nhs.uk/grab-a-jab
    No joy, nearest one 27 miles away, no bus from here again, has a railway station, same line as the one above.

There are about 10,000 people in my town, in 2018 the Royal Mail hailed it as 'the best market town to live and work in England', you'd think you could get a jab here.

I'm not surprised that the booster take up is not going as well as they would like. They need to put more resources into it.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Nukecad, try ringing your doctors even if they say not too. The surgery may well have access to different locations.

That's a pain in the neck Nuke!.

Good idea beau, when you phone Nuke, explain the options they are giving you that they are too far away due to your health. You never know your luck

New variant called Omicron from South Africa. This one has 10 variants in it. Novavax is making a new vaccine to kill Omicron & says it's only weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    ... explain the options they are giving you that they are too far away due to your health. You never know your luck
    Being honest they can bog off until they get their act together.

If it's important then I will put myself out to do it.
    When it's a government 'That would be a good idea' I'm less inclined.

The idiot MPs havent got a clue what is good for you or not, they just parrot the current spin.

Unfortunately Nuke, Borris & medical people doing a podium job as two cases of the new variant found in UK. He said you need to have the boosters now, they are asking medical people if they can bring the boosters forward instead of waiting 6 months in between.

Masks are mandatory in shops & on public transport again now too.

He also said how many more thousands of booster jabs they are going to do over the next three weeks, so I'm hoping that they will open more places to have them or/and GP's doing them but I guess that's wishful thinking.

So please Nuke, it's time now to put yourself out & get boosted

COVID-19: Booster jabs for all adults, children over 12 can get second dose and most vulnerable eligible for fourth shot

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...riant-12482072

On Monday afternoon, the UK's vaccine advisory body - the Joint Committee on Vaccine and Immunisation (JCVI) - recommended:

• Booster jabs for everybody over the age of 18

• Shortening the gap between a second jab and a booster from six months to three months

• Giving a second jab to children aged between 12 and 15 years old - again after no less than three months

• Severely immunosuppressed people given access to another booster - meaning for some, a fourth dose this winter

Give it a few days (weeks?) for them to actually do something other than making 'grab the headlines' press statements.
    Talk is easy, actions take time.

(Cynical, who me?)