Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

I just tried that online booking website.

From the info there you still won't be invited until 6 months after your second jab, but you can book yourself after 5 months.

If you go on to (try and) book you will be told you are in a queue with a 5 minute wait, which seems an odd thing for a webpage form to say.
    They must be rationing access so that the server doesn't get swamped with everyone trying at once and so crashing the server.
    It doesn't matter how big it says the queue is, 100 waiting or 500 waiting it still says 5 minutes.

You will be asked for your 10-digit NHS number, (you can still carry on if you don't know it), then your date of birth to check that you are eligable.

You are then asked for your postcode and are given a choice of places to go and get your booster.
    This is where I gave up for now.

My nearest offered was about 4 miles away, a pharmacy in the middle of a housing estate with a 1 mile walk down, and so back up, a steepish hill from the bus stop.
    The next nearest was over 10 miles away, the others were even further and getting ridiculous.

OK, personally I could manage that hill, it wouldn't be pleasant if it's pissing down as usual. But many wouldn't be able to walk it comfortably/safely.
    As usual it seems that they simply assume that everyone is fit as a fiddle, or has access to a car, or money to pay for a taxi.

I'll try again later and see if they offer the place where I had my first 2 jabs.
    At 5 miles that's bit further but it's only a 100 meter, flat and level, walk from the bus stop.

It does make me wonder though if the booster programme take up problem is the same as it was at the start of the vaccinations last year.
    Maybe the reason people aren't taking the boosters up as expected is because they are once again being offered appointments at ridiculous to get to places?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yes you can only book a month earlier than 6 months but still only have the jab at six months after your second jab. It could be that they did get swamped because when elderly family member rang them a week ago as they were one week past the 6 month mark, the lady they were talking to said they had been swamped, everyone called at the same time.

If you think about it the NHS went on jab mania at certain times this year so lots of people will be due all at the same time.

As elderly family member has no internet they called them. There was a lot to listen to at the start of the phone call, but a really helpful thing was you could press a key to speak to a English accent person. Family member said that helped a lot.

They are 100% not offering anywhere near the amount of places you can go to have your booster. As family member does not drive, driving family member is taking them on their day off. Elderly family member has had to wait three weeks to get in to have it done.

So unfortunately Nuke you may find you will have to travel further. And yes I agree making it more difficult for people to get to the places to have the booster will defo put people off, or not go.
    Last edited by StarBright; 08-11-21 at 19:03. Reason: Chatting rubbish as usual

Driving family member has just tried calling them because they are now up to 6 months & there is absolutely nothing in our area at all. All booked up for the foreseeable & was told to ring back next week

Yet on the news they say no one's coming & they have slots free well not for us it seems

Next-gen supercharged COVID-19 vaccines may also target the common cold

https://newatlas.com/science/new-tar...s-common-cold/

Somebody who works with driving family member tried to book their booster & the first appointment they have available is 24th of Dec. How is that acceptable?

Sky news has said that Germany is now in it's fourth wave. Boris said there are a lot of people in the EU catching covid quickly & you need to book your boosters asap. Well we would if we could!

Driver family member has today off so they have sat on the vaccine website kept refreshing the page & they have finally been able to book up Sat 27th Nov

So looks like that's what you have to do refresh, refresh, refresh

So glad we have had ours before all the hassle of getting an appointment. Had it done at our doctors just up the road.
    Pleased for me as I have my hip replacement at the beginning of December. It is a faff because of needing PCR test first.

Yes it's much harder in our area now because they are not using the GP's like before.

Goodl luck with the hip op

COVID-19: Booster jabs rollout extended to over-40s and second doses recommended for 16 and 17 year olds:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-olds-12469172

Good luck getting an appointment!

Maybe as well as that story, this one has something to do with why there are problems getting your booster.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59282304

Are they just trying to do too much at once so as to trumpet 'positive' headlines?
    It wouldn't be the first time their 'good news' is at odds with what's actually happening.

PS. I tried again, still offering the same places.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.