Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

Just a little update. As you know I received invite for vaccination and done and dusted within days. Wife/carer not done at same time and told it would be 3 weeks. OK no biggie. Then pretty much a week to the day after I got my text invite, my wife has received her invite! Anyway, having to wait for convenient time slot to appear on booking system, but we could have had it done on Sat morning, within 24 hrs of receiving invite. Both of us could have been vaccinated (1st jab) within a week.

Have to wait until clocks go past midnight to look at booking system for added slots that are better for us, as mornings are really very, very difficult. Again, will return and update as to results.

Really pleased your wife/carer has now been asked to have the vaccine. Hope everything goes just as well as yours

That's what that BBC article says 'over-65s and those deemed clinically vulnerable'.

(Which is not the same as the Group 4 'clinically extremely vulnerable' who should already have been vaccinated).

It's loose wording by the reporter which is why I said "if the BBC is right", but I've seen a lot of loose wording used in reporting recently.
    (Lack of good editing because they are posting reports from home?)

It seems reasonable that they can start inviting the next 2 goups tomorrow, because if they have done the first 4 groups together then there should be capacity to start doing the next 2 together.
    As long as the vaccine stocks keep arriving.
    Of course as we go down the list the number of people in each group will get higher, so it may now be 2 groups at once until they get to under 50's.
    Last edited by nukecad; 14-02-21 at 17:46.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yes I think your right it's the wording that's been used badly. I guess it's how many 65's-70's there are in the UK. But group 6 will be huge because of the clinically vulnerable alone let alone carer's & age range.

I'm also wondering if they will start to run the vaccine clinics 24/7 now because they said they would once the oldest & most vulnerable have been done because they would not want to go & have their vaccine then but younger aged people would

Sky are now saying the same, using the same wording but they do clarify it lower down:
    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...eople-12217342

As part of the next phase, GP led vaccination sites are initially focusing on the clinically vulnerable from cohort 6 "because of the relationship between general practice and those with long term conditions, and continuity of care".
    Last edited by nukecad; 14-02-21 at 18:00.

Arh that's clearer

Sir Simon Stevens Said:

Sir Simon Stevens, NHS chief executive, said: "After a strong start the NHS vaccination programme, the biggest and fastest in Europe, is entering a new phase tomorrow. "Thanks to the hard work of staff the NHS has protected more than 12 million of the most vulnerable people against COVID in a matter of weeks.

"This is an exciting moment as we now move on to those aged 65 and over and the clinically vulnerable as part of our plan to vaccinate as many people as possible who can benefit from it.

The BBC have now changed the wording that they are using so that it fits with the government website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56065986
    The rollout in England is now being officially expanded to the over-65s and younger people in at-risk groups.
    And as I'm typing this Matt Hancock has just stated/confirmed on TV that Carers are also included in group 6 'at-risk'.
    Last edited by nukecad; 15-02-21 at 07:42.

YAY!

These two groups are going to be huge

The 'at-risk' group is the biggest, except for the general population under 50.

That's because it covers all ages under 65 who are at-risk.

Another point to note is that the group members from now should be more 'mobile' than the groups already given the first jab and so, as long as the vaccine is available, vaccination rates may/should increase. (At least until the first four groups need to start going back for their second jab).

Hi, Back again and interesting after just having scan of the latest posts on this page 16.

Have noticed everytime we logged onto website to book a PM appt for my wife that everytime, the only available appts have ever been are mornings! Prior to this, when I was using system to book my jab, appts were available morning & afternoons and on Saturdays!

Why is our vaccination centre only doing morning appts. when the largest groups are up and coming!!! Hmmmm...Anybody noticed this?