Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

lol Nuke,

UK orders extra 40m doses of Valneva vaccine:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55887264

COVID-19: Delaying second dose of Pfizer jab may leave elderly at risk of catching South African variant, study suggests:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...gests-12206375

That is concerning. If the 2nd dose is not given after 3 weeks then the initial dose will have been a massive waste of money.

The Kent variant was killed with one jab of Pfizer but with the South African variant it needed 10 times the antibody's to kill it & some of the 26 people's blood samples did not kill the South African variant after having one jab of Pfizer. All of the people out of the 26 blood samples were over 80 that did not kill the South African variant after one jab.

There is also a new variant of the Kent variant which is a bit like the South African variant. So there is now three variants out there that have been found so far.

Hi to all & hoping all coping/managing!

Am here again for little more advice...when am I not! I have now received my 'invitation' for c-19 vaccination at local health and wellbeing centre, but my wife who is my carer has not received such invitation, and from other research it was my understanding that people in such group should be vaccinated at same time! I was told that when I am invited, my wife (carer) should 'just' take along proof-such as carers allowance letter-and that we would be vaccinated at same time (we all know that those doing vaccinations always have more than needed).

Is there anybody here who is in a similar relationship and has already been vaccinated, with their 'carer' just taking proof and getting vaccinated at same time! I hope I have got question across. Below I have copied/pasted website page from carersuk which has this information & hoping somebody can confirm this has happened without 'carer' having received invitation at same time as 'invitee'!

http://www.carersuk.org/news-and-cam...-priority-list

Mny many thanks.

Hi Spencer, I don't have a carer but beau does & look at post number 103 in this thread. I'm sure beau will be along soon

Apart from a carer, when my hubby got the telephone call regarding his covid vaccination and his appointment was made I asked about mine. Because I am in the same group as him due to age they immediately gave me the appointment time next to his.
    Made sense to have to make just one journey to the health centre

Covid: New Oxford vaccine 'ready by the autumn' to tackle mutations

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55917793

Boris is doing a press conference today I call it a podium job

Edit to say: 10 Million people have now had the first covid jab

Hi Starbright and Beau, than you for your replies and glad at least one local authority/GP's have common sense, or at least some! My wife (& carer) is due to attend the health cente on Monday coming for a non related medical problem and we know that the 'vaccination programme' booking in desk, is the 1st thing we come to once through the double doors, even before we get to reception to book in for med appt with physio. I had forgotten about this physio visit before I posted original query!

So, as it is, will wait for Monday and query the booking in team. As it also happens, we have friends who are also neighbours and my wife managed to catch them as they were passing. Apparently, it is different here...common sense out of the window...the 'invitee' of this couple who actually mirror ourselves, 'he' was invited and obviously his wife went with, but again with all her carers proof, but they would not vaccinate, for the reason that carers are in different group, and will be, in this locale anyway, be invited for vaccination in 3 weeks time! So, even local authorities/different NHS areas are doing it differently...at least I think they are! Why not just vaccinate carers who reside with invitee, if they are in a higher priority group...but that is too much like common sense!

However, again many many thanks for your quick and helpful replies. Take care and take it easy all.

Hope you get on alright on Monday spencer & that you can get your carer/wife jabbed at the same time as yours.

Boris said that they will start to give the second jab in March so they are not moving that date of three months apart forwards at the mo.