Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

Yes, I suppose the 'government official' with a track record of speaking truth to power and who has been open about the risks involved from the outset has become a lackey of the state overnight.

scotleag you said I think it's PRECISELY the question people should be asking. There are many households in this country where one person will be higher (often significantly so) up the scale for vaccination than another. I also think that in the vast majority of such circumstances most would not deny their partner a first vaccination in order to obtain a second for themselves. Certainly when my time comes I wouldn't want to have a second vaccination it it meant depriving my wife of her first.

Nobody including me would Morally say that is wrong. Morally this is 100% correct.

But as I said earlier this is not a moral question. This is a medical question.

So we are vaccinating all the most vulnerable in society one jab possibly followed up by a second one three months later. What happens if in 6 months time because of the lag in giving the second dose to the most vulnerable in society there protection rate does a nose dive down to say only 20% protected against covid 19 because the gov did not give two vaccines within 3 weeks?

We have then more likely than not given them all a death sentence.

It could happen, no one knows this is the point I'm trying to make it's a gamble a hunch & it could be very good that we have saved people's lives or very bad & there is nothing any of us can do about it.

StarBright, I agree with your sentiments.
    On top of that, if the time lag diminishes the protection vastly the whole exercise of all these vaccination will have been a massive waste of money.

In our area vaccination centres are shutting because of lack of vaccines. What will happen with this shortage? booster not given even within the extended timescale.
    Last edited by beau; 26-01-21 at 14:40.

I agree beau, also there is the other horrible thing that could also happen which is only being partly vaccinated against Covid it could mutate to get around these partly vaccinated people & mutate into a strain that the vaccine won't work on.

There is a huge hoo har today from the EU because we have been getting better supplies of vaccines than them & they are thinking about any vaccinations going to non EU states to be tied up in red tape & published how many non EU country's are getting.

It's mostly down to Pfizer slowing/stopping production to make their production capacity bigger. The WHO have said that if when you need your second dose you either don't know what the first one was or do not have the first one you can have the other one but that it does not recommend mixing normally.

We had the Pfizer and then read they were slowing the production down in order to produce more in the future. That has brought doubt into my mind whether or not we will get a booster in 12 weeks, if at all.

From the info online it looks like my Elderly family member will have the pfizer one too on Thursday. And yes I know beau, you might not get another one in the time scale, or you might get it, all we can do is wait & see.

That's why I put the bit about the world health organisation because the mix & match of vaccines was asked as soon as the Oxford one came out & they said they don't advise mixing the vaccines but in cases where you don't know which one someone had or there is no available vaccines the same as the first one you had then yes you can have the other one but only in those conditions

That then goes back to the same problem of not knowing if that's clinically safe & what protection you get from the mixed vaccines. I'm guessing they think it's clinically safe otherwise they wouldn't of said anyone can mix them.

I've just had my vaccination phone call. She asked if I would like one I said yes please but I think you are going to ask me to go somewhere? Yes & she named the two areas around me that elderly family member was given. So I said I can't for the last 15 plus years get to any medical appointments & she said that's OK, would you say you are housebound? Yes I have another list lets see if you are on that.

Yes you are on the list for the district nurses to come & give you the vaccine. But at the moment we don't know when that will be.

I forgot to say I don't think I can have the Pfizer one because of the allergies Doh!

Oh well I at least know I'm on the list

They do ask you a long list of questions before they give it to you. I don't think they will attempt it if there is any doubt you may have a reaction.

Thank you beau, that's very reassuring

We should be careful when discussing these issues, I'm sure we don't want to be worrying others who may be reading.
    (I did write a much longer post, but then though about who may be reading it).

As said the delay, although morally justifiable, is definitely a medical gamble.
    The two things are often at odds, I'm sure we can all think of other examples.

One thing to note is that this is acknowledged as being a 'delay' - ie. something that won't/doesn't happen when it should do.

This whole delay issue does raise other moral questions, eg. about whether it may be 'acceptable' to ration other treatments.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.