Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

Also there are two other things with the pfizer

1, People with allergies having the Pfizer vaccine (they say you can now have it but will put people off I know it has me, would need a detailed convo with GP & you know what I think of them!)

2, The UK not giving the second vaccine three weeks later leaving it three months later when Pfizer it's self has said they have no clue if it will still give protection with that distance between doses, where the Oxford one has been in trial tested to be safe & gives higher protection at 3 months between doses.

So some people will turn it down & wait for the Oxford one

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    This data is now going through the process of being checked the same way they go through all the data to make sure vaccines are safe & they will then officially say's it's good for both
    Things are moving fast again and it's hard for the 'boffins' to keep up with all the changes, never mind us plebs. (And be especially wary of what politicians say).

About all we can do at the moment is: listen to what your are being told, pass it through your own BS filters, do some double checking, and make your own mind up.

TBH I think the WHO are in a spin; they are the ones who are assumed by the public to be on top of situations like this - but they are being blind-sided by announcements from big-pharma and governments, which is showing that the public assumptions of what the WHO is are misguided.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Had to phone my GP's today on the recorded bit at the start they say they are now vaccinating people don't call us we will contact you. Good to know some type of vaccine is in my area

Wonders will never cease, Hubby and I have our Covid vaccines on Saturday afternoon. The call was to book Hubby in and I asked about mine so we could go together. Got appointments together, never looked forward to something so much, it is a relief and may well give is some freedom in the future although not immediately.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooop!

Yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel

Hi All, Hoping everybody feeling as well as can be expected & getting through this!

I hate to butt in, but my query surrounds the notification of vaccination letter. Is this a short NHS letter maybe 1 or 2 pages long...or is the notification for appointment included in 1 of those lengthy 6 - 8 page letters advising shielding/CEV that people like us have had a couple/few times previously?

I ask as last letter we had was 1 of the lengthy letters, which I admit I did not read (all of it) and put in recycling bin! Please, tell me I have not binned vaccination appointment letter :-(

Many thanks for any reassurance, or even bad news (If so, anybody advise how I go about finding out what date my appointment should be?).

Our appointments were made by our GP's phoning us. Think that is how the jab appointments are being made, not heard of anyone getting theirs by letter.
    Hubby's shielding letter just told him what not to do but did include lots of pages, no appointment in there. If that is what you got then you haven't missed anything
    Last edited by beau; 21-01-21 at 15:35.

No it can be by letter too. The reason why I know that is when news reporters are outside places that are giving the vaccines they talk to the people who have been vaccinated, & they them self's say they received a letter & a number to call & book in.

I've only had the shielding letters so far, they are a couple of double sided pages I don't know how long the vaccine letters are

Hubby's shielding one was 5 double sided sheets