Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

Nuke, you said Another point to note is that the group members from now should be more 'mobile' than the groups already given the first jab and so, as long as the vaccine is available, vaccination rates may/should increase

That's why I think they may start the 24/7 vaccination centres. They said they would after the top 4 groups were done. But of course they need the vaccines to do that.

Spencer the only thing I can "guess" it could be is perhaps they are not being sent as many vaccines at the moment so are running half day clinics? Even if that's true you would of thought they would do some mornings some afternoons.

Sir Simon Stevens just said they will start giving the second jab to people from early to mid March. They are keeping supplies of the jabs to be able to do that as well as vaccinating people for the first time. And you will be going back to where you had your first one. If you don't already have an appointment for your second jab the NHS will get into contact with you.

Hi Starbright, Yes, that occured but doesn't explain about the morning only clinic appts! Anyway...It is still going to be difficult to get there for appointed time of 12.30 (and certainly isn't due to us being lazy buggers :-) to anybody thinking...now feel I have to add that as well as potent painkilling meds for few mobility problems to kick in, also have the added bonus of having to use skin preparations, from head to toe, prior to and after showering, with assistance) but will get back to let you know how this goes.

Take care all, take it easy and stay safe!

COVID-19: 1.7 million more people added to England shielding list - will get earlier access to coronavirus vaccines

It looks at multiple factors including age, ethnicity, body mass index, other health conditions and also postcode, which is indicative of levels of deprivation

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...cines-12219896

I've just realised something. The original shielders are supposed to be shielding until sometime this month Feb, if they have just added 1.7 million people to the shielding list they are not going to be saying we can come out of shielding next week are they?

I've just heard a Sky reporter saying the 1.7 million people who are joining the shielding list are being told to shield until March 31st I don't know if that's true or not but I think it could be

Yes it is March 31st: The additional 1.7 million will bring the number of people on the list to almost four million - all of whom are being advised to shield until 31 March
    Last edited by StarBright; 16-02-21 at 15:38.

In tears now, I have a close family member who is having to work though although they have health issues. The same as thousands of other people who have health issues but not flagged up as vulnerable when they should be.

They just got home to the phone ringing & it was their GP offering the vaccine (there isn't a smilly made for this emotion) Unfortunately they are booked until next Wednesday so just need no one to breathe around them for the next 4 weeks until the jabs in & it's had three weeks to work.

I think my family member could be one of the 1.7 million added to the vulnerable list. If they are we will know because they will get the letter.

I can not tell you how worried I've been about them every day

An interesting thought about these letters.

If you get one should it be accepted as evidence that not being found LCW would be a risk to your health, thus invoking the special regs?
    It certainly would be a risk at the moment.

LCWRA would be a bit more tricky as they can say you can do activities from home without having to go anywhere.
    (TBH they had started using that one to deny LCWRA even before Covid, because they had no courses to send you on anyway).

I'll bet it's something that the government have not even considered.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I don't know Nuke

COVID-19: Every UK adult could receive both jabs by August, says head of UK's vaccine taskforce

Every adult in the UK could receive both doses of a coronavirus vaccine by August or September "or maybe sooner if we need to", the head of the UK's vaccine taskforce has told Sky News.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...force-12220149

Just had the next shielding letter it say's up to March 31st & they will contact me again mid March to let me know what happens next. It also said if you have not had your vaccine yet to contact the NHS & book one. That's because they have supposed to already vaccinated the Extremely vulnerable to covid 19

Hi Starbright, Nuke...Well, just been for wife to have her 1st vaccination jab and as said in last post, earlier than we thought-1 week after I received my invite.

OK, only strange thing is that where as I had the Pfizer (forget it's added name) jab and my wife has just had the AstraZeneca jab! Do not know reason why different vaccinations, but might not be such a bad thing. Maybe same for all areas, so that not everybody in same village/town/city receive the same for simple reason that if 1 vaccination not that great against a 'new' strain but another is, then at least there is less chance that everybody is left open to infection!

Anyway, there you have it...again. Now just waiting for invitation for 2nd jabs!