Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Again though, it isn't infection rates that matter so much as the affects of any particular infection.

Infection rates of the common cold go up in surges now and again, it doesn't matter and hardly ever gets mentioned outside of the medical proffession.

Infection rates of flu go up with new flu variants, that can matter a bit more but nobody panics. You might see a few lines about it in the press.

It's only because covid19 is still fairly new that infection rates are being so closely monitored and reported.
    Unfortunately they do expect a surge of deaths like at the start of any new variant & wave of covid. Think this is a heads up.

There's bound to be a surge in fatalities once the current increasing case numbers have been in place a few weeks. And sadly one of the motors driving it is likely to be the health service itself. I'd a hospital appointment Monday & I'd say roughly 25% of NHS staff were masked (though they were at actual appointment) and some of those who were masked were 'mouth covered, nose free' types. Yesterday I had my fifth Covid vaccination. I forgot to take a mask myself as it was too hot to put on a jacket (where my packets of masks are) and asked at reception at the pharmacy for one. I was told I could have one if I wanted but it wasn't necessary. I took one and noted two staff masked from ten I could see. The vaccinator herself was unmasked. I was too taken aback by this to think of asking her to put one on. So, there I was in a small, enclosed cubicle with an unmasked person sticking a needle into my arm.

I don't expect my experience to be unique. I've heard the same anecdotally from others up and down the country. Given that people with hospital appointments and receiving fifth vaccinations are among the most vulnerable in society and the weakest too there must inevitably be a rise in hospitalisations and fatalities. Even more so for those relying on public transport who will be more exposed (my pharmacy is walking distance but the hospital is 40 minutes by train then another 15 by bus or 10 by taxi, and obviously the same coming back).

For a long time I hoped this summer would see if not the end then a significant downturn, allowing people to relax and travel more. But no, here we are just ahead of Midsummer's Day and in the eye of the Covid storm yet again.
    Last edited by scotleag; 22-06-22 at 08:33.

TBH I am expecting another lockdown as a last resort. It would be devasting for the UK but if needs must then so be it.
    Cases were forced to rise now restrictions have been lifted and one has to buy the LFT's. How many folk are prepared to do that, very few I suspect.

Couldn't agree more with both of you. I'm sick to the back teeth of people denying how bad it is because boris has "moved on"

Unfortunately this spike now is due to the Queens Jubilee celebrations & that there are two new variants.

Here's what the BNJ are saying:

https://www.bmj.com/content/377/bmj.o1506

The district nurses in my area have not had their 4th jab & have not been told anything about it if they are getting it or not. So I doubt how many in the medical proffession have had it.

There is a new vaccine that was allowed to be used in the UK in March this year. It's been made so people who are extremely vulnerable can get protection that they weren't or little from the actual vaccines. The Government will not give it to us because it's two jabs a year once every 6 months & costs £800 a jab. Here's the article about it, & just to say there is an MP in parliment who keeps asking everytime there are health questions if the government will allow the thousands of people still sheilding their life back with these jabs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-patients.html

The number of people with COVID in UK rises 32% to almost 2.3 million

https://news.sky.com/story/number-of...llion-12643681

One in thirty. I don't like those odds

1235 people in the Uk now have Monkeypox

I know it sounds awful but at the moment I couldn't care less. I have enough to contend with. Finally laying my darling hubby to rest on Tuesday.

Totally understandable beau, I felt the same when another elderly family member died 5 years ago in 38 days time.

Couldn't give a flying fishcake about anything as they were my life the same as elderly family member & driving family member are too

beau, I just wanted to say I hope everything goes well with your beloved hubby's funeral tomorrow. Once again I know nothing I can say will make the situation any better, but please know I'm thinking of you

XXX

StarBright, thank you very much.
    The time has come to say a final goodbye.
    I visited him again today, the last time I will see him in the flesh. Only loving memories, pictures in my head and photos now.
    I hope I don't show myself up.

Virgin Media were going to start laying fibre down our road today and we were barriered off. I went out and explained that I didn't want my hubby to be waiting further down the road and that there will be lots of cars. A phone call was made and they moved the barriers to start at the other end of the cul de sac. Someone came to the door and said from 1pm tomorrow all will be quiet. Thank goodness.

Yes the final goodbye. I'm pleased you went to see him again in the flesh, & very very true that you have loving memories & pictures. I also chose to see my elderly relative I wasn't sure when I first came out because it's a very cereal situation. You know it's them but they look different, to me like a waxwork of what they were. I kept expecting them to breathe even though I knew they were gone.

But after a few hours passed I was pleased I did & that I would do it again for other family members if they go before me.

Trust me you won't show yourself up, there is nothing you could possibly do to show yourself up at a funeral. Whatever you feel, think, or do will have all been seen before & all appropriate at a funeral. You will never let him down.

The funeral is also a little cereal too at the time. When I turned round I will never forget those pale white sad faces I saw looking back at me. I actually thought to myself they really look bad. Not realising I probably looked the same as them.

Bits of the service will come back to you overtime too. Or something someone said.

I'm so very very pleased you managed to stop Virgin Media laying fibre down your road at your end today. And how lovely someone actually came to your door to say it will all be quiet by 1pm. There are still some decent humans around then!.

XXX