Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccination.

I'm with you about the unlocking, I don't approve of what we can do now.

There is no way 8 people should be in your house & absolutely no holidays abroad & no one here for holidays from other country's. And don't get me started on the 60,000 people watching football!

COVID-19: 'Mix and match' jabs study finds combination of Oxford and Pfizer vaccines creates robust immune response:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ponse-12344108

Hubby been contacted by track and trace, a bit late in the day. Apparently I have to isolate until yesterday. I did anyway in all fairness to others without being told. Common sense.

Well good that who ever infected hubby had a test & was traced.

Blooming useless the time scale

Thank you for self isolating

It was only because he was positive in hospital that he was contacted. They wanted to know where he had been and when. As he said he had only been in Morrisons for 10 mins and sat in the hospital cafe waiting for me on the previous Tuesday. He pointed out that he had been careful and near nobody other than those 2 places.

As for his heart getting worse it could have been pre covid that it started and because he was in hospital it was picked up. so much for these phone appointments, just guess work by the caller
    Last edited by beau; 29-06-21 at 16:41.

That's all it take beau, that's why so many people have had it.

Millions set to get COVID booster jab from September to 'keep virus at bay'

https://news.sky.com/story/millions-...t-bay-12345816

The way they are calling this a 'Booster' is a bit concerning. But when have they been any good with words?

That wording implies that your original vaccination wears off, so you will be getting a top up of the same thing.

You don't call the annual flu jab a 'Booster', that's because it's a different formulation each year to protect against different strains of flu.

If the idea is an additional jab of a new covid vaccine formulation to protect against new strains of covid then it's a 'Supplement' not a 'Booster'.

The manufacturers say they can do such changes for new strains pretty quickly now so it may be what they are actually meaning.

If it's not a new formulation then it might be an idea to give people a different one to the vaccine they have already had.
    That has been shown to be effective.
    Last edited by nukecad; 01-07-21 at 06:17.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I've read & heard on the news three different things.

1, They have found out through testing on people that if you have 2 different doses of covid vaccines I.E one Pfizer & one AZ that gives a very strong immune effect. Didn't mention what % protected you would be. But then has been suggested that if you had two Pfizer have the AZ as a booster.

2, Pfizer/& or AZ have made a new tweaked vaccine that has been made to fight one of the variants, sorry I've forgotten which one, I have probably linked it in this thread somewhere

3, That we were keeping the Moderna vaccine as the booster vaccines

Basically I don't think the gov has decided which booster jab they will give. Although they seem to of decided yesterday that they will start along side the flu jab in Sept.

You are right because there are different variants of the flu for many many years they have a system of tracking which variants of the flu they think will come our way this autumn/winter. And I believe in time the same thing will happen for covid.

I "think" (my opinion dose not mean it's right) the reason why they are calling it a booster is because up to the other day maybe in the last week they didn't have access to any newly tweaked vaccines so couldn't call it anything other than boosting people with jabs we already have

I don't know if they will use the newly tweaked vaccine or not, not much was made of it on the news which is strange if it's going to help

Get a Covid booster jab at the chemist:

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation will issue final recommendations on who should get the booster jabs later this summer, and whether they will get different doses to their previous two.

It would be a lot easier for you Nuke if you could get your third one at a local chemist

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cine-dose.html