Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESA Video Assessments

That's true Nuke,

but no system is going to be as "good" for the DWP as a F2F. It would help some people not everyone. It could get the backlog down by assessing people who can be assessed this way

The main problem with F2Fs, and assessments in general, is paying private companys to do them.

They get paid per assessment so of course they are going to do as many as they can get paid for - needed or not.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

yup can't see that ever changing either

There is (or was before covid) serious talk about bringing them back 'in house' to the DWP.

Fair enough people don't trust the DWP; but does anyone trust the assessment companys anyway?
    So take assessments back and save money.

It's all about which departments budget or government figures the cost shows up in.
    (Not us guv, our assessment spending's dropped by millons '. Look at them their spendings rocketed up).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

When I had a root around a few years ago & looked at how much they pay there assessors it's a lot of money, so you know what the government is paying these private company's to do the assessments has got to be silly money. I've not looked for a few years so don't know if it's the same or more now.

If it's cheaper to do it in house then do it in house.

Benefits were a huge mess before covid now the huge mess is backing up.

I think the video call assessment if you have the equipment would be better than a phone call they can't see you on, having gone through a F2F in my home for both ESA & PIP every breath, blink & movement was watched intently it was 50/50 on what I said & every movement I made so a normal phone call they are just getting half the story of how they have been trained to do the assessments.

My Pip's due to end April next year so it's about now I should of got the forms to fill in before covid I was just wondering if a Video call would work for me it would actually be better than a phone call they can't see me on but there is a physical test they do to back up what I'm saying which they would not be able to do weather without this physical test I would get pip or not I don't know.