Thread: Help with getting out of bed.

Help with getting out of bed.

I am struggling to get out of bed and all the aids I have looked at are for pulling on. Even Social Services can't find one to suit me.
    I need to push against to get me to a sitting position from my side as I am unable to pull (shoulder problems). I can't lay on my back either. All aids I have investigated are for pulling.
    What makes it even more difficult is the fact that we have a super kingsize slatted bed with portable drawers underneath that I have nowhere else to put.
    I am unwilling just to keep on ordering only to find that the aid is useless for my needs and in most cases they can't be returned or if they can it is at my own expense which will cost a small fortune.
    Any ideas please.
    Last edited by beau; 28-09-20 at 17:59.

How about contacting Remap?
    They are there to help when off-the-shelf things don't work for you.

https://www.remap.org.uk/
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks Nukecad, I have thought about them but trying to find all other options first before bothering them.
    The only thing SS could offer to try had 2 legs that go under the bed and a counter balance the other side. No space under the bed and was told to move the underbed drawer (easier said than done and to store elsewhere) and to do away with my bedside table, also not an option as I need the lamp on it for safety in the dark.

I'm not too sure what the name for it is or if one could be fitted to the side of the bed, but one of those sold sides of a hospital bed that the nurses put up so people don't fall out the bed? You could push against that to get into a seated position then put it down to get out the bed?

Or if one of those would not fit the bed you have now would a hospital bed work for you? I know the draws under the bed storage would not be there then but safety comes before storage & you could have your bedside table there with the lamp

Thank you, In all honesty I do not want a hospital style bed. Bedding and laundry problems, hubby would not like a single bed, we have had that conversation before. I would not be able to get cot sides down in any case. As I push to get myself upright I drop my feet to the floor in a sort of twisting action. So difficult to explain.

I get you how you get up I will keep my eye out for you

Thank you Starbright. Just emailed about another design and got the answer no it is not suitable.