Thread: ESA Telephone Assesment

ESA Telephone Assesment

Hi all,

I am currently in the Support Group for ESA (have been in the Support Group for over 8 years in all now). I suffer from Bipolar 2, Severe Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Recurrent Depressive Disorder. I was due to be assesed back in March, Home assesment was approved but that was missed following admission to hospital after a large mixed overdose. I sent a copy of the new care plan to CHDA in April and on Friday I recieved a letter about phone assesment appointment on the 28th.

I am absolutely dreading it, my anxiety has sky rocketed again.

The letter specifically says that DWP will decide if i have limited capability for work. Does that mean they can now say i am fit for work?

No, they can't find you fit for work from just a telephone assessment.

If they can decide that it's Support Group (again) then they will.

Other than that they just say they can't make a decision and so you'll have to wait until they can do face to face assessments again.
    Your ESA will continue to be paid at the current rate.

Their own guidance for telephone assessments says just that.
    https://www.chdauk.co.uk/information...ne-assessments
    Will my claim be stopped as a result of my telephone assessment?

Your claim will not be stopped as a result of the telephone assessment. If the healthcare professional is unable to complete a full report during the telephone assessment you will receive a letter to let you know. We will contact you with details of a face-to-face assessment as soon as we can. In the meantime, your claim will continue as normal.
    TBH the only decisions that I have seen reported following a telephone assessment have all been Support Group.
    It's a bit of a farce really, they should just halt all reassessments (they did it before for 2 years), but it means that they can pretend that they are doing something.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    No, they can't find you fit for work from just a telephone assessment.

If they can decide that it's Support Group (again) then they will.

Other than that they just say they can't make a decision and so you'll have to wait until they can do face to face assessments again.
    Your ESA will continue to be paid at the current rate.

Their own guidance for telephone assessments says just that.
    https://www.chdauk.co.uk/information...ne-assessments

TBH the only decisions that I have seen reported following a telephone assessment have all been Support Group.
    It's a bit of a farce really, they should just halt all reassessments (they did it before for 2 years), but it means that they can pretend that they are doing something.
    Does this mean you will have to keep sending sicknotes in until they can do face to face asssements? I hate having to keep asking my GP for a sicknote.

You only need Fit Notes for a new claim. (Or during appeal if you have been found fit for work).

With ESA you can send them online.

You are on UC aren't you Mandyboops? But I'm not sure where your LCW/LCWRA claim is up to.

With UC you are supposed to take then to the jobcentre, but they had waived that requirement due to Covid.
    I believe that you still have to get them and say on your UC journal that you have one, or post them if they ask you to.
    (If you are not posting them then they may want to see them in future).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I have been sending in sick notes for some months now and only recently got the UC50 form which I've sent back and i am now waiting for an assement which i assume will be via phone due to covid. I have axiety and hate having to keep phoning my GP every month for a new note, Hopeing one day soon i won't have to worry about it and they agree that i am not fit for work.