Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: BT Basic Phone On It's Own Or With Broadband Cheap If On Certain Benefit's 10.07!

Good that you found a work around Nuke, not long to go now

Yeh, this BT Open Wifi is pretty clunky and pretty slow, so I'm tethering the phone if it's important.

I just noticed that the BT Smart Hub 2 cannot be wall mounted because all the sockets are on the back. Bit of a design flaw there.
    It needs to be on the wall in my flat (has to go in the entrance hall because of phone/power socket locations) so I'll have to look at fitting a small shelf or bracket, maybe higher up than my current router was because it will stick out more.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Shame it has to be in the hall up high. Would be a lot better elsewhere. If you have a BT socket, they put a new front on it for the new digital voice.

Wifi routers usually give better coverage when up high on the wall.

I'll be setting it up myself, no need for an engineer.
    You just use a filter/splitter, provided in the box but I've already got one because SSE don't want theirs back.
    Or I could buy a new dual-socket front plate with a filter built in, they are easy to fit and look neater.

But you only need the 2 sockets if you have broadband and non-internet phones.
    Putting internet phone on the line disables the 'old style' digital phone connection anyway.
    You still get a dial tone on non-internet phones but they won't send or recieve calls without being connected to the hub.
    There is a covered over phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub for if you still need to plug in an older non-internet phone, just peel the black sticker off and you'll see a green phone socket.
    Last edited by nukecad; 28-06-22 at 16:03.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.