Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BT Basic Phone On It's Own Or With Broadband Cheap If On Certain Benefit's £10.07!

My broadband at the new flat is £23 a month for unlimited Fibre Plus broadband (up to 76Mbps/average 63 Mbps - I was getting 50/53Mbps last night when downloading Windows Updates on a laptop I'm fixing).

It's tied in with a dual-fuel tarrif, and having all three reduces both the gas and electric prices by 5% as well.

Calls are charged seperately, but you can add unlimited UK landlines/mobiles Evening/Weekend for £5, or anytime for £10 (or £12 if you want to include international calls).

So I don't think I'll be taking the BT.

PS My mobile's gone back onto a £1 a week PAYG pack which gives 100 mins, 200 texts, 10mb data.
    (if the 100 mins runs out you just start another pack for £1).
    Last edited by nukecad; 03-07-21 at 10:40.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

My wife's mobile SIM from Three offers U/L minutes & texts & 1 gb data for £5 per month.

That's a great deal Nuke & that it reduces the gas & elec as well is a big bonus. And so is your mobile phone too.

I'm with Virgin have been for years had good deals & sometimes less good deals. This time because of covid they decided to give "vulnerable" people a better deal so mine was £20 for 100 speed & phone line. Said no increase while on the deal. They broke that & are now charging me £23.50 a month. I only had 100 speed because it was on a deal & cheaper than slower speeds at the time. Mines up next Feb & will see what deal they will give me then. So am thinking of this BT deal as an option especially as calls are included that would be great for talking to elderly family member.

gus607 I have a similar sim that gives me unlimited texts & minuets with 1gb a month for £5 think mines vodafone now they have just changed provider. I'm using the sim as PAYG at the mo at 5p a min but if I know I need to make more phone calls opt in the £5 a month package