Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: BT Basic Phone On It's Own Or With Broadband Cheap If On Certain Benefit's 10.07!

Well my DD payment date is 6th of April. And the date they stop my services is this Wednesday the 23rd of March.

So they should not take payment until 6th of April

When they disconnect you they generate another bill for just what you have used from the last bill date until 23rd of March. This is the bill they will take. Then as soon as they have marked it payed I will call the bank & get it stopped.

That's what they are telling me anyway. Had another BT reminder email saying they are coming on Wednesday

Still no sign of any packaging to give VM back their router & power pack.

Edit just re read your post again Nuke, Hmm might wait until BT's up & running on Wednesday & then cancel DD not sure will think on it.
    Last edited by StarBright; 20-03-22 at 08:36.

Just to note that if you cancel the DD and they do try to take a payment that they shouldn't then the 'bounced' DD may show up on your credit record even though they shouldn't have tried to take it anyway.

TBH that wouldn't bother me in the slightest, and I'd rather have that than spending months trying to get back the money they have stolen.

(Now where's that British Gas letter that says I was in credit when I left them? Odd seeing that I was on a pre-pay meter, but I might chase up a refund anyway).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I have no idea what my credit score is, I've never taken out a credit card, loan or anything else so clueless what mine is. The only DD I've ever had is VM.

Yes find that British Gas letter you never know

StarBright, join Martins Money Expert and they give you free access to Experian if you sign up for that. You get a monthly report on your credit rating along with what searches have been done in your name. A handy tool to make you aware of any unrecognised to you searches.

Thank you beau, I will go have a look. I've seen or heard somewhere that if you check your score that it can affect you score? I'm totally clueless where this is concerned

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    Thank you beau, I will go have a look. I've seen or heard somewhere that if you check your score that it can affect you score? I'm totally clueless where this is concerned
    No it doesn't affect your score if you check it. I check mine monthly when I get the reminder email that my score has been updated. The only thing that updates is what is owing on my credit card bill which I pay in full every month anyway.

Thanks beau,

I've had a look on there for signing up for the forum & the news letter but I can't see anywhere that you can use Experian for free. I'm probably looking in the wrong place knowing me

Arh! I was in the totally wrong place

I will have a look through thanks beau

As long as you are not appling for credit then your score is meaningless.

Well it should be but some people have started using it to check if you can afford things.

I know that some private landlords use it to 'judge' if you can afford their rent ir not.
    (Which is actually stupid).

If you are a billionaire and never use credit then you will have a zero credit score - that doesn't mean that you can't afford things.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.