Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone Else Had The B12 Injection's Stopping Letter?

That's good they answer the phone, there seems something very morally wrong that a dispensing chemist does not answer the phone. There will be hundreds of people who can't get there not getting the prescriptions they need.

Fingers crossed it's open today who knows!

Well it started out bad but got better!

Relative went in & they told them that it's not ready they are having another delivery later, a delivery man just brought in a delivery in front of relative, they didn't look while relative was there. So although the chemist is short staffed the problem also is coming from not getting drugs the chemist is ordering.

So I guess that's either down to lack of delivery drivers getting the drugs into this country if they come from abroad or moving them around the UK.

Also to back this up, the chemist was ringing constantly around other chemists to get hold of a drug for another customer.

So about half an hour later the Chemist rang me & said that mines done so give them about 10 mins & collect them. So whatever they were waiting on must of been in the delivery relative had seen going in.

PHEW!

But worrying still as this months sorted out what about next month because the driver shortage won't be solved by then or this year at all. It goes back to why can't we use the army to get drugs & food moving in the UK?

Situations like that are exactly why I like to build up at least a months supply extra, although it's more difficult to do that if you are on Electronic Repeat Dispensing.

If your GP is any use, and you explain the problem, they should be able to issue 2 months worth at once and then go back to monthly so that you then have an extra month in hand for situations like this.
    (Of course you should use the oldest first, not just keep one extra set for months/years).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I've tried many times ordering my prescriptions early but the GP's won't sign off on them stating too early. However I have not asked a GP to order two months prescriptions just as a one off which as you say would give me a breathing space. Brilliant idea!

Since the last time the GP's wouldn't give me my repeat prescriptions for over a week probably more like two my back up stock is low to none.

Yes I rotate my prescriptions so I use the oldest ones first. Thanks Nuke

We can order our prescriptions 7 days earlier, electronically, than when they are due. I do this for a couple of months then go back to 4 weekly for a while. It gives me breathing space just in case the chemist can't get them or I can't get out to fetch them. I never have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    I've tried many times ordering my prescriptions early but the GP's won't sign off on them stating too early.
    At least that shows that your GP is taking notice of their patients, some would just do whatever you ask.

There may also be issues with particular meds where how much can be prescribed at any one time is restricted.
    Last edited by nukecad; 08-09-21 at 16:18.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I've no doubt that money is involved somewhere. Oh yes every repeat prescription is gone through. What a boring job that must be, they must have loads every day they are working

Sky news has said that Ministers to streamline HGV testing amid Christmas supply chain fears. Sod Christmas medical supplies & food is what we need. Apparently the new rules after brexit means that people from abroad can't get a work permit for the UK for HGV driving, where they were able to before. Boris is saying we have to train people already in the UK.

https://news.sky.com/story/ministers...fears-12402320