Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone Else Had The B12 Injection's Stopping Letter?

I have repeat prescriptions & I have had a very tired district phlebotomist do the blood tests.

I can now put the sick bucket back in the cupboard withdrawal symptoms averted!.

The phlebotomist said that GP's are really busy again & they are ordering LOTS of blood tests, thinking about it it's because people are now coming forwards again with things they have put off. And with so many phone or video consultations GP's are ordering more blood tests to make sure/help with diagnosis.

She said people are more "precious" with her now, she said she tries her best with them. We know each other she has been coming to me for a few years now & she was bogged down with it. So I thanked her for what she does every day for us all & you could tell it meant a lot.

It was the same really with a nurse I had to speak to this week. In her own words "today has been sheer drugery" for them it doesn't ever stop. I also thanked her which also made a difference to her.

Although I'm cross that I've been put in this position after ringing to find out what actually went wrong & finding it's a GP mistake I would never take it out on the people who do the job.

However I could easily tell off the GP!

It's only going to get busier for the GP/surgery nurses.

Extra flu jabs for them to do now that the government want them for all over 50's, and the prospect of Covid jabs on the horizon.

The nurses giving all these jabs are going to be knackered.

The government are saying that they can do free flu jabs for all over 50's because they ordered extra this year.
    They don't mention that they didn't order them until stocks were running out, see below.

It's a national problem not a local one.

From 'Pulse' last week:
    https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/cl...es-mps-warned/
    More than three quarters (78%) of GPs have faced ‘limited access’ to enough flu vaccine stock during this year’s programme, the Doctor’s Association UK (DAUK) has told MPs.
    They have ordered extra flu vaccine at the end of October - from the USA, a different vaccine to the UK one, maybe that has started to arrive?
    https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL8N2HD6QZ
    LONDON (Reuters) - Britain has authorised the temporary use of the Flublok flu vaccine and ordered millions of doses as it seeks to give jabs to more people during the coronavirus pandemic.
    It begs a question though - is the strain of flu prevalent in the USA the same strain as the UK?

PS. My flu jab clinic was cancelled over a month ago because of lack of stock, still waiting for a new appointment despite being in the 'at risk' group.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

The flu vaccine programme this year is a total mess but I kind of thought it would be.

They told us way back in Sept that this year as well as front line. older. younger or chronically ill people who normally get offered the jab, that they would also vaccinate all people 50 or older & that they had already brought enough to do that many people.

Every year the jabs always come over in batches I don't know why but they do weather that's a availability, cost, or adding more to the order problem I don't know. Every year the medical people watch which types of flu are around our country & which ones look like they could come our way. A few years ago they got it totally wrong & we were vaccinated but the strain that was here was not in the jab that lead to all those poor people in hospital corridors & people dying.

Agree Nuke, unless the US has got the same strains in the jabs as what the ones for the UK had/have then they could be useless anyway.

So how much of this mess is the usual mess & how much is due to this weird year & trying to jab so many more people than normal? who knows!

I hope you get yours soon Nuke & that it has the strains that are around the UK in it

TBH with everybody staying at home, and wearing a mask when you do go out, then I guess the chances of catching flu this year are much reduced anyway.

If people did that it would be great.

Think our area are having a vaccine party sorted out my prescriptions last night & a leaflet for Pneumonia vaccinations was in there!

I'm here again

Ordered repeat prescriptions Jan 5th collected by family member Jan 9th. Some missing. I get a text saying they have some prescriptions ready for me ha! missing ones. Collected 11th. Nope still one missing. Reordered on 11th. Heard nothing ask chemist if they are there. Nope call GP's (I ordered all the prescriptions at the same time from the chemist). Explained everything. You were prescribed them & you should have enough until Feb. Nope I only got one pack not two I only have a week left. Call Chemist they will tell you if they gave them to you, have you looked for the missing pack?. Yes I will look again

Turned the house upside down no pack of these pills.

Call Chemist OK hang on.... comes back well I have no idea what happened. I will order them again & you can pick them up in an hour. Sorry family member is worn out will collect tomorrow

I see we have started this year off to the same start as we left off last year

Mine on electronic repeat dispensing seems to have settled down again, in fact they yesterday texted me a week early that there is medication ready to pick up. (ie. only 3 weeks since they last texted me).
    So when I pick that up I'll have 3 months worth, I like to have a backup in case they go wrong again.

Pleased yours has settled down now Nuke,

I absolutely agree I always usually have back up supplies. I did in fact right up to the time they decided to withhold my repeat prescriptions because a GP ticked the wrong box on a computer doing a one off blood test instead of every three months.

Now I've dwindled my stock pile so any hold up & things get awkward depending on which drug they are not giving me for whatever reason.

I wish my ongoing problems with my GP's & chemist was covid related but it's not, it's been bad like this for a long time. I have it on my online calendar to send me an email every four weeks saying order prescriptions my heart sinks when I see that, I dread it

My next blood test should be 12th of Feb I've had to put that on my calendar too so that week I can call the district nurses & see if I'm booked in or if the GP ticked a one off blood test instead of ongoing.

I'm sure other people don't go through all this when they need repeat prescriptions