Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Had The B12 Injection's Stopping Letter?

WOW!

Incredibly kind district nurse & fast calling me back.

I explained B12 done but blood tests not done, they were supposed to be sorted out in July. Also explained that it's frightening to have your medications withheld especially so when it's all you have to fight the illnesses with & that if I suddenly stop one you have horrible withdrawal symptoms.

She is now contacting the GP's (good luck on that one) & requesting a blood test form & she is going to request that it is a blood test that needs to be done every 3 months but sometimes the GP's don't do that, but she is going to try again.

So yet again the problem to this is that the GP who authorised the blood test forms last time did not do it as an ongoing blood test.

It always comes back to the GP's messing up & yet it's them that punish me with withholding medication!?

I asked how long it's going to take before I get them done & she said the forms usually 24 hours & probably looking at the end of this week or start of next week to have the bloods taken. Then I have to phone GP's again & ask for all the medications again which will also take time.

She said so I don't get in this situation again to call the district nurses before the next B12 & bloods are due so they can contact the GP's to get the forms sent to them.

Again it comes back to why should I have to?

The answer to that is because the GP's are not doing their jobs correctly

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Not good is it. We are having the same problems with hubby. Nothing is happening yet the docs say it is urgent as his life could be on the line.
    No it's not beau, if it was a one off it would be different but it's constantly. Covid has made it worse because I have two GP's who know me & that I can't possibly get there & know better than even suggesting it, but now you get what ever nurse or GP you are given.

I'm so sorry to hear your having problems with yoru GP's too, but unfortunately it's no surprise. What happens if people are not well enough to keep fighting like we are having to do?

Hubby won't fight it is me that has to do it.
    In fact if I hadn't actioned the original GP appointment when he was very bad and obviously feeling so ill that he didn't admit I don't think he would still be here. At least the GP acted quickly and put him on more medication that has helped a little. Still waiting to see the consultants after a phone consultation that was just lip service to say we have done something in the required time. Still waiting for more tests too.
    That reminds me, the doctor told him to contact her if he hadn't heard anything about the tests by today so they can chase it up. I must do that later as he won't bother.

No one should have to keep fighting to get healthcare. The emphasis is on CARE.

There is none & hasn't been any for a very long time now.

It makes me so sad & frightened for all the people who are left with no care at all because they have no fight left

yes call them back today goodluck

Just had a text message from my local chemist saying my prescriptions are ready to collect???????!

Hope they are correct but you need them delivering. More hassle.

Thank you beau,

that's a whole different can of whoop ass!

The chemist does run a prescription home service where they pick up prescriptions from these chemists & deliver to your home. Unfortunately only if you were on the list before covid. I wasn't because elderly family member used to collect them for me as they need to collect some for them as well.

Because they are elderly that puts them in the extremely vulnerable group who should not go into chemists. They are phoning the chemist this afternoon & asking if they ring the bell outside if they will bring the prescriptions to the door outside for them.

Otherwise I will need to email the local covid support group who will go & collect them for both of us. We try & do our best to not bother anyone else they were a life line through the first lockdown.

Every other month I need 8 boxes as well as my usual ones luckily they are not heavy but are pretty awkward to carry!

Guess what?

Nope no medication there for me at all nothing ordered since last month...so why a text message saying they are there for collection from chemist? this text came from the chemist...

Who blooming knows because I certainly don't!.

Neither the GP's or the chemist is reliable have zero confidence with both. So the worry of running out of the one which gives horrible withdrawal symptoms goes on

Oh no, I know it is more hassle but put a complaint into the chemist's chain head office.
    I did that after the wrong type of medication was dispensed a couple of times (same medication but one is slow release and the other extended release). I have the extended release and if I took the slow release twice a day I would be overdosing and if I took just one it would overdose me for 12 hours and nothing for the next 12 hours. Made the branch jump and now large warning on my pharmacy records

I think I should put a complaint in for both the GP's & the Chemist but do I need the hassle that goes with it?. I will wait until I get my medication then see how I feel my priority is not to go into withdrawal at the mo.

Hoping district nurse turns up non asymptomatic today.

Pleased your complaint to your chemist worked for you & your getting the correct medication now.