Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Had The B12 Injection's Stopping Letter?

Phoned district nurses to see if I'm now booked in for a blood test.

I am YAY!

But not until next Monday

Receptionist said she would call & speak to a district nurse & see if they can fit me in quicker once I explained that the GP's are withholding my medication, & said they will call you.

That was an hour ago & heard nothing so far.

It's not their or my fault it's the GP's fault yet it's messing up the district nurses, me & family member who gets them from the chemist

District nurse called can do this Friday so I said yes of course.

Then I had a brain wave! I have one once a year

I called the GP which has taken an hour to get on the your call is in a queue there are 6 people in front of you.

I ordered them all again & said I ordered them last Monday but GP wouldn't authorise them because I needed a blood test. It's booked for this Friday with district nurses & if the GP won't authorise them, then I need an emergency supply.

She said she will tell them my blood tests been booked.

So now I wait again.....

Yet more hassle. Hope everything goes according to plan now and that the saga doesn't repeat itself in the future.

Thank you beau,

everything crossed here. It all depends if the GP who sorted the blood test forms out online said every 3 three months or a one off, I've no way of knowing except to call the district nurses in three months time.

I hope you have hubby's tests sorted out now

I hope you have hubby's tests sorted out now

Thank you for asking, Not yet, still waiting although actual appointments are arriving by the boat load. Some say attend on your own but sorry, I am going with him and will insist I go in with him. Went with him on a recent appointment that said patient only and I wasn't even challenged, just said it was okay.

Yes just go with him if they challenge you say sorry we only come as a pair

LOL the only reason I go is to know what is happening. He doesn't tell all, I think to try and protect me from worrying.

When this lot blew up he didn't admit he felt very ill but now the cat is out of the bag he has admitted that he did. I doubt he would be still here if I hadn't taken matters into my own hands.

No, I know you only go to get all the info & yes things could of been totally different if you hadn't taken action like you did.

You should say that about only coming as a pair if nothing else you may get a laugh out of them

Or perhaps not

Daughter has still had hers this year.
    On the first occassion the nurse came out to the car park and did it whilst daughter was sat in the car - unusual but I suppose they work in different ways these days.
    Sea Queen

Pleased your Daughter has had hers this year sea queen, yes it's an unconventional year this year for sure.