Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail Stopping Deliveries on Saturdays

Royal Mail Stopping Deliveries on Saturdays

Royal Mail have announced that as from the 2nd May 2020 they will be stopping Deliveries of Letters on Saturday's. Thry say it is only Temporary but we all know whet that means, as once stopped it will never be restarted.

image online upload
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Typical - why not just hire more people if they need them? There's enough people needing the work and it's relatively easy for them to maintain distance from people when delivering.

Hasn't anyone told you there is a pandemic going around & large numbers of people are dieing on a daily basis ?
    So no Royal Mail deliveries of letters on a Saturday is really no big deal, get over it.

WOW you should move to my area before all this they would save up a few days letters before turning up. And we have had letters delivered at 9.30 at night before. And during the summer the only postmen you would see is down the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by davy View Post
    WOW you should move to my area before all this they would save up a few days letters before turning up. And we have had letters delivered at 9.30 at night before. And during the summer the only postmen you would see is down the beach.
    Obviously like many other areas you have a shortage of postmen/women, receiving mail at 9.30pm tells me the post worker is working overtime to catch up with post deliveries.
    It is an offence to interfere with Royal Mail deliveries & your comment regarding receiving mail that has been held back deliberately by Royal Mail makes no sense to me. If you have proof of that write to your MP.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    Obviously like many other areas you have a shortage of postmen/women, receiving mail at 9.30pm tells me the post worker is working overtime to catch up with post deliveries.
    It is an offence to interfere with Royal Mail deliveries & your comment regarding receiving mail that has been held back deliberately by Royal Mail makes no sense to me. If you have proof of that write to your MP.
    No shortage it is just down to lazy workers. Some stop in to drink tea others pop back home for a kip. The best one i see with my own eyes the postman would jump in the back of a car to get it on with his bit on the side.

As for not making sense they hold it back so they can do less work on them days.

Sounds icredilous to me but If you say so.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Typical - why not just hire more people if they need them? There's enough people needing the work and it's relatively easy for them to maintain distance from people when delivering.
    Try social distancing in a sorting office where they are side by side when sorting the mail, they also have staff of sick with Covid 19 and they should be praised for still working.
    Thumbs up for the posties.

Unsung heroes

Attachment 2301

I agree entirely. It's ok to criticise but they are douing the best they can under very difficult circumstances. It is too easy to moan for some people.