Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royal Mail Stopping Deliveries on Saturdays

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Typical - why not just hire more people if they need them? There's enough people needing the work and it's relatively easy for them to maintain distance from people when delivering.
    I have been advised that it is being done so they can cut Staff. If they stop Saturday Delivery for all of the UK they can then cut 20,000 Jobs. That would be saving of a huge amount of Money, so they are not interested at all in hiring more staff, they want to make more profit by cutting staff
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I have been advised that it is being done so they can cut Staff. If they stop Saturday Delivery for all of the UK they can then cut 20,000 Jobs. That would be saving of a huge amount of Money, so they are not interested at all in hiring more staff, they want to make more profit by cutting staff
    They are not stopping Saturday deliveries, they will still be delivering special delivery items and parcels, as well as collections as per normal Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by markt1968 View Post
    They are not stopping Saturday deliveries, they will still be delivering special delivery items and parcels, as well as collections as per normal Saturday.
    It is clear you did not read my post correctly. If you read it again you will see that I Posted that Royal Mail are stopping Saturday delivery of LETTERS. Also if you have a look at the Poster that I posted it says the same.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    I agree entirely. It's ok to criticise but they are douing the best they can under very difficult circumstances. It is too easy to moan for some people.
    Who do you think I am criticising. For certain it is NOT the Posties as they have my greatest respect, all of them.

It is the Management who want to cut the hours of the Posties just so they can reduce the number of Posties and save a huge amount of money. If they go ahead with this it will not be temporary as they state, Saturday Delivery for Letters will be gone forever.
    Edgar Allen Poe

So yesterday was the first Saturday with no LETTERS Delivered by Royal Mail. Please Note this only applies for LETTERS, all other packets, Parcels wll still have been delivered.

Personally I received one Packet and No Letters. Posties are really mad at this as they want to deliver letters on a Saturday. They say it dies not take much longer specially since they still have to deliver Packets and Parcels.

Now that the Management have stopped Saturday Deliveries on a Saturday, That will be the end of Saturday Deliveries of letters for good. Every time Royal has stopped a service and when they it is only Temporary it never is and that service never makes a comeback.
    Edgar Allen Poe