Thread: Pip assesment during corona virus outbreak

Pip assesment during corona virus outbreak

Hi my wife's Pip is due to end on the end of April, she had an assessment booked, the dwp canceled it and said they would renew by paper or telephone assessment, i thought they would continue to pay till this would happen, but i got a letter from the dwp carer unit saying that pip will stop according to their records and therefore my care allowance will stop as well. so i am confused, as we did not canceled surely, are they not supposed to carry on paying PIP?

Any advice welcome,Thanks

PIP end dates that fall due will be extended by three months, if they fall due again they will be extended again three months at a time.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...ents-suspended
    where awards are due to expire, we will be extending end-dates so that claimants continue to receive financial support at their current rate during this period.
    The situation is changing daily and it's getting hard keeping up with everything.

So it's probable that the carer unit had sent that letter out before they had caught up with the latest, or it may simply have been automatically generated by a computer.

If you want reassurance about the CA then you could (try to) ring the carer unit.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for the info, as you say try to phone

its sort of like a rolling contract now, they not prepared to defer for it too long but at least they are preventing people been cutoff.