Thread: Bad time getting through to the DWP (PIP)

Bad time getting through to the DWP (PIP)

Wondering if everything is Covid related? The DWP just did not answer their PIP line today. I tried for two hours and gave up. What are people supposed to do if they have an important issue to discuss with the DWP and they are not answering?

Quote Originally Posted by phillius View Post
    Wondering if everything is Covid related? The DWP just did not answer their PIP line today. I tried for two hours and gave up. What are people supposed to do if they have an important issue to discuss with the DWP and they are not answering?
    As it was a free call I waited for 5 hours each day for 2 days. I did manage to get through ut the I got cut off grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I eventually gave up and went to the job centre (which you cant do now)

Yes it's bad with long waits on hold and calls getting cut off.

Hopefully it will calm down again, and they may get more people on the telephones now that they are not seeing people face to face.
    That would take a while though to route the enquiry lines through to their telephones.

Check online what your phone and broadband provider is doing to help, many are putting special measures in place such as no data charges for NHS/government websites, free phone calles to certain places, etc.
    For example EE (BT) have announced that all their broadband users now unlimited data, regardless of their plan.
    https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...customers.html
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Just found this

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...s-limit-access
    These stronger measures come in response to the changing situation and mean more staff are being deployed to process new claims and make payments, with remote support a top priority for the department.

Around 10,000 existing staff will be moved to process new claims, with 1000 already in place. In addition, the Department is expecting to recruit 1500 extra people to aid the effort.
    Hopefully some of these staff will be manning the phones, or freeing up the current UC staff to answer phones.

Saw this on that link: "In addition, the Secretary of State has also today announced that reviews and reassessments for disability benefits are being suspended for the next three months. The suspension will be kept under regular review and extended if necessary." I wonder how will that affect reviews already in progress?

I've already posted it, they will contact you if you are already in the process:

https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...915#post170915

Thank you Nukecad - missed that one!

Easy to miss things, there's so much new stuff coming out all the time at the moment it's getting hard to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Just found this

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...s-limit-access

Hopefully some of these staff will be manning the phones, or freeing up the current UC staff to answer phones.
    Much better today

Quote Originally Posted by phillius View Post
    Much better today
    They have moved everybody onto taking/dealing with new UC claims, and 'deprioritised' (stopped doing) anything else.

https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...UC-Claims-Only