Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

Loving it Nuke! I usually come out with my best work in everyday conversations

It sounded better than saying your directly inline of the chiropodists gob

Here's to two weeks wait beau x

Yet again Iceland have let me down for some items which means I have to go to our local supermarket for them. Decided it is not worth the hassle so may as well do all my shopping locally as I have to go in anyway. Rather defeats the object.
    It will be several visits on my scooter, weather permitting and if not hubby will take me and wait in the car whilst I go in with my 4 wheel walker that I can load up. At least, locally I can use the 15% discount card which is not to be sneezed at.

Unfortunately people are panic buying again since Boris said another lockdown. The 15% discount card sounds fab

It is a staff discount card, employees get 3, one for them and 2 for family members. We have a family member who works in our local supermarket.
    Hubby took me tonight, it was very quiet, he stayed in the car whilst I went in with my 4 wheeler. Only wanted his beer and my wine. Didn't go round to look at the reduced as I would have under normal circumstances. What I wanted is at the front of the store, grabbed them, got straight to a till. In and out in 5 mins.
    The discount card in effect gave me 1 1/2 bottles of wine for nothing.

As a point of interest, in Scotland Asda's delivery charges range between £1 and £4.60. That doesn't seem right, discriminating against us English. I would willingly pay £1 for a late night slot. Here it is £4.50 for the same slot.

That's great beau sounds like you have found the answer of what time & how to get there to get what you want

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Yet again Iceland have let me down for some items which means I have to go to our local supermarket for them. Decided it is not worth the hassle so may as well do all my shopping locally as I have to go in anyway. Rather defeats the object.
    It will be several visits on my scooter, weather permitting and if not hubby will take me and wait in the car whilst I go in with my 4 wheel walker that I can load up. At least, locally I can use the 15% discount card which is not to be sneezed at.
    I know Iceland have recently discontinued some items in their Gino D'Acampo range. I use them a lot as it's easier to get a delivery slot there than the bigger supermarkets and also easier at short notice.

One thing I do that might be worth considering is to look at the email they send before delivery then ring them up to ask about unavailable items. Unlike the big stores the contact number is for your local shop. On a couple of occasions when I've rang them they've said they've had a delivery that morning and added it to my order. A good example was Xmas Eve when their email said they had no bread. I rang them up. The delivery van was already out. But they dropped off a couple of loaves later that afternoon.

Certainly not discontinued items they have let me down with, things like lettuce when I have the other makings of a salad, also bread and milk that is really needed. Can't do with the hassle, much easier for me to go to the local supermarket several times on my scooter weather permitting.

Good idea scotleag about when you have the invoice & see somethings are not available or not substituted to give them a quick call to see if they have had a delivery since picking & packing your order, & very nice of them if you live near to them to come & drop off things they didn't have, you don't get that with the big ones because they are so big

I had a Tesco delivery today with things for three family members & everything we asked for was there, the delivery driver was happy, chatty & wore a mask. He kept distanced from me & packed our delivery from the trays into my bags for me. Couldn't of asked for more. Fingers crossed next weeks the same

I've had the new shielding letter from Matt Hancock today it say's I have to shield to sometime in Feb only just read it & forgotten already! then if need to continue shielding they will write to me again.

Haven't had my letter yet StarBright but got a text last Monday from the council saying to expect it. Text also said council are offering free home fire safety checks which I thought was at odds with shielding advice. Letting a stranger in to fiddle about and touch various surfaces after having been in god knows how many other homes doesn't seem exactly compatible with shielding.

That does sound daft letting someone in for a fire safety check it rather defeats the object of shielding!