Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

National lock down,

shielding again for the people who shielded last time. You will get another letter in the post. A link to the rules of this lock down found here click on national lock down stay at home:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national...n-stay-at-home

We have chiropody appointments tomorrow can't find anywhere that says they have to close.

beau, personal care so doubt it

I've just had a letter from Matt Hancock about going into level 4 restrictions. Unfortunately that's now out of date as of last night we went into lock down. So still expecting that letter. Comes to something when the gov can't keep up sending letters to the extremely clinically vulnerable!

I'm sure I could now cover a wall in my bathroom with the gov's letters I've had

Been and back and they were open.
    Apparently it was their governing body that said they had to shut last time so insurance wouldn't cover them so we didn't have any appointments during the 1st lockdown. Now officially classed as medical so they can practice. Only one at a time are in the whole place unless you are a couple.

Still waiting for the letters here.
    Hubby has urgent biopsy tomorrow and his covid test results aren't back yet. They can hardly refuse to do it as his lymph nodes that can be felt are the size of lemons according to the consultant and it is urgent. He was told he is at very high risk of DVT's because of them in spite of the blood thinners.

Really surprised about your appointment it's a front facing appointment are your feet two meters away from your face

Hope hubby gets on OK tomorrow

StarBright, thank you. Finally got his Covid test results at 6am this morning, negative as expected because if he had it he would be really ill.
    Chiropody now classed as medical hence the reason appointments can go ahead. Diabetics need their feet checking regularly possibly that is why now medical.

Arh yes hadn't thought of diabetics but even so they are some of the ones we need to shield the most. Who knows!

Pleased you have the results now you can tick that box tomorrow for the biopsy to go ahead

On top of all the rest hubby is diabetic too so his feet did worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    ... it's a front facing appointment are your feet two meters away from your face
    That's given me a new term - A 'Foot-to-Face Assessment'.

I'm sure we've all known at least one assessor who deserved a foot to the face.

Beau, hope all goes well for your Hubby's biopsy tomorrow.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you Nukecad, results not for 2 weeks or more as the samples are sent to Western Park hospital for analysis.